Track referers to your site with referer.org free referrer feed.

Marvie's Crochet Corner

Thursday, November 11, 2004

G'mornin... *sips coffee*

Well, let's see, where to start. I had a nice relaxed evening last night, which was so nice, no worry hanging over our heads. We watched movies and I finished off B's black hat, will try to get a pic today but so far it's looking kinda dim so might not be able too. I also finished the Ponytail hat. I chose to leave off the poof at the top because I have about a million scrunchies and with the white hat I figured the scrunchie can be the decorative touch, a new one each time I wear it *g* Only problem is that though the thing fit my head, those last few rows of sc and the last row that looks like a little ruffle and is so damn cute, made it too tight. I could still wear it but it slides up off my ears. So I think I'll gift it. I have enough of the yarn left to make another one and I'll make the proper adjustments. I really like the way the hat looked on though =) As soon as I get a pic of the new hat, which I'll probably make today, I'll post it here (and at Crochetville so Dot can see!) After the hats I played around with a Celtic themed "square" it was really a triangle. I really like it and am seriously considering an afghan out of it, or at least a throw. We'll see, I haven't settled on what colors to use yet if I do.

I also want to try my hand (ok pun intended) at mitten making. It's gotten pretty darned cold out and my son has informed me that he is gloveless. Why buy them if I can make 'em? He really likes the fingerless mittens, so I think I will give them a whirl. I'll try 'em first in white so I can see the stitches easier (which means I'll get mitts to match my hat heheh) then I can make him a pair in black, which is what he'll want since he just got a black hat lol.

Hubby asked me last night as I was finishing the Ponytail hat "Just how many hats are you going to make?" Ummmm well, lots I guess. I have all these really cool patterns, not to mention ideas, and I adore hats. Plus whatever I don't keep I can sell down the street at the thrift shop *g* so I can buy more yarn heheheh.

Hubby and kid are both home today, hubby has a 4 day weekend, but kiddo has to go back to school tomorrow. Then he's off Monday and Tuesday for the parent teacher conferences. Maybe I can talk hubby into taking me to the Gussy Goose to play with yarn. I need to pick up something for my Secret Pal's package. Well a couple of somethings *g* I still haven't heard from my MIL about being my go-between, I forgot they left for vacation the day I sent the email! *smacks forhead* but I'm sure she'll say yes. The wait time just means I can put more in the box right? heheheh

Well, I'm going to stop running off at the fingers now. My cats are informing me (loudly!) that the litter boxes haven't gotten scooped yet (never mind that Daddy did it at 11 last night!) and the food dishes are dangerously low (read less than half full) AND my whiny boy wants a lap na-now! Whiney boy is Tux, he's my liddol baby boy (NOT!) he was born in my bed 4 and a half years ago, he used to call for me when he couldn't see me and I would always reply (word to the wise... never do that! lol I started a very annoying habit!) and so to this day he yells for me... even if I'm right in front of him! He even yells for me when I go out to smoke lol. He sits in the window where he can see me and yells for me to hurry up, come back, and give me a LAP! Ahhh the joys of motherhood lol

Have a great day!

1 comment(s):

  • I love the hat (your boy's) cant wait to see the ponytail hat (I've wanted to try it but haven't gotten to it yet).
    I really enjoy your blog.
    Just poped in to say thank you to you and your husband for your service to our country(I stand by my assertion that military wives provide service to our country too)and happy veterans day.


    By Blogger Unknown, at 6:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home