Track referers to your site with referer.org free referrer feed.

Marvie's Crochet Corner

Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Snow's on it's way....

Well, I'm up (again!) and have been for a while, so I am slightly more awake than yesterday morning. I might even make sense *grin*

SNOW! is being forcast for later today and rain/snow showers the next two days... more rain and more snow to follow for the whole week!! I had noticed the temperature drop yesterday but I certainly wasn't expecting snow already! If this happens, then conference day with the heathen's teachers will just be so much fun, as I have to walk my happy ass up to the school (and I do mean up, as in up a hill, ugh) for the first conference at 8:35 AM come back home, thaw out, then go BACK for the second one at 12:15. I pray it's not raining that day. Walking in the rain is not my idea of fun, esp. not at 8 in the freakin morning. That is the one conference I can NOT miss though as it's the one with the teacher I spoke with yesterday.

For those of you wondering, the child survived the night. I am very proud of myself, I didn't even scream at him. I did give him hell, but I never raised my voice (I am a yeller, I never throw things etc. but I yell my fool head off.) I did give him the ultimate threat though... which totally backfired btw! I told him that if he continues in this manner I will yank his happy ass out of school in a heartbeat and homeschool him. Now, the threat in that is simply that we can not usually make it through a homework session without me loosing my tiny reserve of patience, yelling, which leads to tears on his part... you get the picture right? The thought of 7 hours or so of that should scare the pants off him right?? It does ME! But ohhhh no, the little monster looks me right in the eye and says "Alright, let's do it!" I wanted to pull my hair out. I do NOT honestly want to do that, well I don't want to pull my hair out either, but I meant homeschool him. I honestly do not think it would be a good thing for either of us. I have absolutely NO teacher skills, no patience, and really, those are things that most teachers seem to have an abundance of. I would have to be highly medicated every damn day. So yes, it was an empty threat, which he somehow picked up on and countered. He really is a bright child, he isn't failing because he doesn't understand stuff. He's just freakin lazy and won't do or turn in his work.

Thanks Kari and Jennifer for your comments... I think I will be taking both of your pieces of advice. I do not look forward to trudging to the school daily, but I think I will maybe have to do it, at least for a while. Just to prove to him that I will if nothing else. Maybe it'll embarrass him enough that he'll get on the ball. And though he doesn't have a desk to work at, I do have a very big coffee table where he does his homework, so an hour sitting there should be tolerable (for me!) though for that, I will certainly have to be making trips to the school to make sure he brings home his books/binder etc. lol.

Ok, off that subject and on to crochet stuff =) I adore my turtle pin cushion. He took about an hour to make and he is currently sitting under my monitor where I can admire him =) I'm going to make another one in greens and browns for my best friend. She adores turtles and she actually sews so she can use it. I don't really sew, not often and hardly ever use pins, but I do occasionally use a needle so my little guy is going to keep track of that for me *g*

I finally made myself one of the hats I love, the rolled brim hat. I didn't quite finish it, needs about four more rows, but it's nearly done. Good thing too since it seems I'm going to need it! Not that I don't have several hats already, but I don't have one I made. I used burgundy worsted for it. My winter coat is black so anything goes with it, which leaves me open to making as many hats as I want lol. I also have a dark green coat, a black leather jacket, a red and black fleece jacket with cardinals on it, a lovely shetland wool sweater jacket in white with green, navy blue and grey.... I think that's all of them. I can make LOTS of hats lol.

I promised the brat boy a black skully so I'm going to get on that as soon as I finish mine. He should be able to wear it to school tomorrow, and he'll need it. The thing I really like about those skullies is that they fit right under his bike helmet, and as he rides his bike to school most days, it satisfies my mothering instincts quite well lol.

Well, that's all the news for today. I'm going to go curl up with my hat now... right after I turn the heat up! I'm sitting here wrapped in my pretty creme and burgundy shawl, wearing polar sweats and slipper socks and I'm STILL cold. I hate winter. I adore Fall... cool is nice, COLD is nasty! Need more coffee.....

Have a great day!

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment

<< Home