Track referers to your site with referer.org free referrer feed.

Marvie's Crochet Corner

Wednesday, November 03, 2004

This was Monday....

Just to show you how much my attention wanders, here’s how my morning went.

7:00 AM woke up, kid not up because he forgot to change his clock, woke him up, sat down at computer with coffee to catch up on my forums and blogs. Open 4 windows, each with different things going on in them. Start reading.

7:30 kid gone, smoke break.

7:45 back to puter, read some, post some, drink more coffee.

8:18 remember I forgot to post on my blog Sunday, open a 5th window start typing, have to post pics… stop typing, minimize all windows, open camera program, turn on lights, set up hats, take pics. Drink more coffee. Close camera program, open the program that lets me post pics on blog. Post pics, go back, finish typing my blog post. Check email, find the pics of the doll, re-open the pic uploading program, upload those pics. Go make fresh coffee.

9:30 went to Crochetville, found a neat scrunchie pattern I wanted to make, decided to do it while I fed my daily blog addiction. Couldn’t find the J hook because it was in my purse. Found purse, dumped purse because hook was at the waaaay bottom. Noticed all the crap that needed to be tossed out. Hmmm better go ahead and clean this thing out while it’s dumped. As I sort and toss, I thought, yanno I made that nifty case for my Palm Pilot keyboard, what else can I make a case/pouch/cover for? OOOH, there’s a question for the Get to Know you thread, if my Secret Pal responds it’ll give me ideas for things to make her. Stop cleaning, go post the question. Smoke break. More coffee. Decide while smoking that since I have all the crap out of my purse, this would be a good time to change purses (I have over half a dozen might as well rotate)

10:30 Back inside, go back to bedroom to look through my selection of purses. Notice the summer clothes piled on the floor of closet. Might as well put those away since I’m here. Fetch step ladder so I can get up to the doors above closet (I’m only 5’ tall I need a step ladder to reach the top shelf in the bathroom cabinet lol) come back with ladder, climb up to open doors, damn they’re stuck. Back down ladder, go to Hubby’s hellhole, I mean tool shelf, find flathead screwdriver to pry open doors. Back to bedroom, remove cat from closet, shoo them all three out of room, back up ladder, pry open doors, find sweaters I forgot to get down. Remove sweaters, toss on bed. Stick the summer clothes up in the shelf. Climb back down ladder. See box in bottom of closet of crap that needs to be donated or tossed, remember the pile of clothes in the corner that I’ve outgrown and meant to donate, stick in box. Look up, realize I forgot to close the doors to the shelf, but I already folded the ladder and don’t want to drag it back out. Look around for something long enough to use to close doors. Grab screwdriver, close doors. Decide I better put sweaters away, otherwise they’ll sit there all week and Hubby will get irritated. See empty box in other corner, oooh that’s a good size for my first Secret Pal box, grab it, stick it on bed so I don’t forget. Put sweaters away. Finally remember what I came into bedroom for in the first place, purses! Open closet again, see the bag of b-day/gift bags with tissue paper in them, think hmmm need tissue paper for the Secret Pal box, take out bag, remove some tissue paper, replace bag, open the box on bed, put tissue paper in box. Now, what was I doing? Oh yeah, purses! Back to closet, look through purses, finally decide on which one I want. Grab it, shut closet.

11:15 smoke break. While smoking, remember that I forgot to deal with the box on the bed. Finish cig. Go back inside, realize my coffee is cold, pour another cup.

11:30 Sit down at puter. Remember I was changing purses, so I go stick all my crap in the new purse. Leave old one sitting on counter to put away next time I head towards the bedroom. Sit back down at puter, read a couple blogs, notice the window where I have scrunchie pattern open and remember that I was going to do that, which is what started the whole purse/closet mess in the first damn place. Grab an elastic from the basket beside puter, grab yarn, realize hook got dropped into new purse. Get up, go find hook, return to chair. Drink more coffee. Crochet and read for a while.

12:00 got cold, needed sweatshirt. Went to bedroom to get one. See two boxes sitting on bed, one has a cat and some tissue paper in it, the other is thrift shop stuff. Remove cat from box, put box in corner, stick the thrift shop box in corner too.

12:10 smoke break. Think about morning while I smoke, realize I’m the Queen of Distractions. Vow to try to be better, even though this is a relatively organized morning, I’ve actually put the bedroom back into the shape it was in before I started, and usually I get distracted before I get around to that point, so pat self on back for doing good.

12:25 get another cup of coffee, go back to chair, pick up scrunchie, which has a round and a half of four complete. Crochet for a while, read some more blogs and forums. Get cold again, realize I forgot to get sweatshirt when I went to the bedroom earlier. Go get sweatshirt, put it on. Go back to chair, realize someone just used the litterbox behind me and they do NOT smell like roses, so get up, clean litter boxes, feed critters, change water.

12:50 Finally sit down to finish the scrunchie I started. Look at clock, realize kid will be home in no time and I haven’t even vacuumed the floors yet, which is a daily thing with three cats and hardwood floors. Sheesh, where did the day go??

1:00 vacuum kitchen, living room and office area (which is really the dining area but we don’t use it to eat in).

1:30 smoke break. Refuse to think, just sit and listen to the birds. If I think, I’ll remember something else I have to do. I just need some quiet time. Go back inside.

2:00 finally finish the poor neglected scrunchie. YAY me! It only took all damn day.

2:15 Lay down on the couch because I have a headache.

3:00 kid home, homework time. Get a cup of coffee (which by now is old and not so yummy but it will make the Tylenol kick in quicker) check kid’s homework, sign papers. Hear about his day.

3:30 smoke break.

3:45-4:30 finish reading blogs and forums, realize I haven’t even showered yet. Go take quick shower.

5:00 hubby comes home. He asks “How was your day?” my reply?? “I cleaned my purse out. How was your’s?”

Just a small sample of what an average day of being me is all about…..

2 comment(s):

  • Sounds like me only without the smoke breaks (been smoke free over 7 months)

    By Blogger Unknown, at 8:10 AM  

  • Congrats on quitting smoking =) I so far haven't felt the desire to quit, I'm just stubborn I guess. Hubby quit about the same time you did though. Funny because he smoked way longer than I have, and he just up and quit. Hope you feel better soon! Drink some hot tea and get some rest!

    By Blogger Marvie, at 8:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home