Track referers to your site with referer.org free referrer feed.

Marvie's Crochet Corner

Thursday, October 28, 2004

Well, another cloudy wet day in Germany.... sigh. But on a good note, I got my Secret Pal last night and I am super excited about that! =) I can't wait to put together a package for her, but before I do I have to find out from the post office if it (the package) will give me away. If it says Germany on it somewhere it probably will, though come to think ofit, there's a couple of other Germany gals at Crochetville, so maybe not entirely. I'm still going to check into it though.

Haven't gotten any new Yule gifts made. I started on a shawl last night in a really nice off-white from my ebay win, but there wasn't enough of it and I really wanted it to be a solid color, so I frogged it this morning and decided that instead I'll make a wine bag out of it for a lady on another forum I visit. She sent my kitties some really cool toys this week and in return I'm going to send her a bottle of German wine, so rather than just stuffing it in a box, I figured I could make a pretty bag for it. This yarn is really pretty and soft, I wish I knew what brand it is so I could get more of it, but it was one of the unlabled ones, so I'm totally in the dark. Grrrrr!

But, while I was working on the shawl that wasn't, I did get an idea for a poncho, so I think I'll get to work on that later today after the wine bag. I'm going to use the same p attern I was using for the shawl, make two of them and stitch 'em together at the top, I think I'll make the two sides in different complimentary colors so it can be worn either way, depending on what color she wants showing. It's going to be for my best friend's daughter who just started kindergarten this year.

I'm also going to make up a bunch of scrunchies to throw in with the Yule gifts, all my friends have longish hair, and most have daughters too lol. Scrunchies are quick and easy. So, hats, scarves, and scrunchies, and a couple of ponchoes for the little girls. And a wine bag. Sheesh, I better get busy!

I found some great chrochet books at the library yesterday. Taught myself a couple things that I'd been putting off for a while, because I sometimes have a hard time learning new things and I didn't want to get distracted, but guess what?? It was easy lol. So now I can make use of all those patterns I have that called for things I didn't know how to do yet =) Opens up possibilities for Yule gifts heheh. Not to mention for creating my own designs (when I get past the Yule gift making) to sell at the thirft shop. I've already had several ideas in the past week, jotted them down and will someday get round to seeing if they work lol.

Well, gonna close for now. Things to do.....

Have a great day!

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment

<< Home