Track referers to your site with referer.org free referrer feed.

Marvie's Crochet Corner

Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Rainy day

Mornin,

Well it’s picture day at school today. I remember how much I stressed over that as a kid, and it makes me very glad I have a son ;-P He just throws on a pair of jeans and a clean shirt and he’s good to go. He doesn’t even have to worry about his hair since he keeps it so short. I don’t know why I even bothered to get up this morning lol. I don’t normally get up with him anymore, he’s been self sufficient for a couple of years now, but this year is the first I’ve gotten to sleep in. He walks to the little school right on base here and there’s a few hundred other kids walking/biking at the same time and I have been informed that he doesn’t need me walking with him because he’s not a baby anymore. Waaaaaaahhh my baby is growing up! I don’t care what he says, he’s still a baby in my eyes!

It’s rainy and dark this morning, and I do mean dark, as in the sun hasn’t peeked out yet. Sky’s still black. It’s a good thing kiddo has a light on the back of his bike so cars can see him! I hate rainy days, they make me feel super-duper lazy. I just can’t get motivated at all. Not that I find that easy to do on a regular basis anyway ;)

So, in crochet news, I haven’t accomplished much. I started another Yule gift last night, got four rows done on it. It’s supposed to be for a 6 year old girl, but I’m thinkin’ it might end up goin to the 3 year old on my list lol. I don’t have these kids handy for sizing purposes, nor do I have any friends over here with kids their age to borrow. Not to mention I’m not using a pattern (probably a disaster waiting to happen lol) but am just sort of making it up as I go along. I may end up frogging it before it’s all said and done since I really don’t know a thing about designing patterns, but hey, it’s small so it won’t take long heheh.

I also made yarn balls out of the rest of the chenille I’ve recycled. From those first few sweaters. I’d made several balls, but my hands got tired so by the end of each sweater I was just wrapping the yarn around my arm (like ya do with an extension cord?) and so I sat down last night and balled all that up. I now have a basket with two layers of yarn balls in 5 colors of chenille. Not a bad haul for the few dollars I spent on the sweaters. I think I’m going to write up a tutorial on recycling sweaters, there’s been a little bit of interest in it over at Crochetville, so when I do, it’ll be posted on my homepage. Yes I know I need to link to that from here. I have a link from there to here but not here to there.

I still have a lot of work to do on the homepage and here on this blog. I played over the weekend so I gave myself yesterday off from all hard stuff and I just sat here and surfed. I’ll get back to work on it once I wake up some more. It looks like the sky is lightening up some. I need more coffee… that’s all for today, or at least for the moment ;-)

Hope you’re day is dry and pretty!

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment

<< Home