Marvie's Crochet Corner |
|
Previous
|
Thursday, October 21, 2004
I'm sitting here with a cup of coffee, trying to decide what to work on next. So this is as good a time as any to think about what I've completed =) In the past week or so I've made two hats, one for hubby and one for son, a pouch for my Palm Pilot keyboard, two plastic bag holders, finished the rectangle ripple shawl (felt like that took forever!) I made from a yummy soft yarn I got from ebay (it's an acrylic but it's not tightly twisted, it's got a brushed look to it) and I made a hook case last night.
Most of the patterns came from various websites, and when I post the pics I'll share the sources as well. They were all nice simple patterns, well they have to be for me to actually be able to use (finish!) them. The bag holders were my own design, I'll post those patterns as soon as I get a chance to write them out. The ripple shawl wasn't the one from the Lion site, though it's similar I think. I actually got mine from a discounted book I found at my base CX (for those non-military types, that's a Commissary-Exchange, which is essentially a grocery store+ Wal-Mart sorta thing) I don't have the book beside me and I'm to lazy to walk over there to get it, but it's Vanna White's Favorite something or other, probably Patterns lol. There are quite a few patterns in it that I want to try. Of course, I also have a binder fill of printed from the internet patterns I wanna try too. I'm having a yarn shortage at the moment. I have a boatload of Caron 3/4 pound Country Basket that hubby bought me to make him a pillowghan, but when it arrived he wasn't entirely happy with the colors so I have to find another use for it. I've used up one skein on some of the recently completed projects. I have five left. Then I have a solid hunter green Red Heart, 2 skeins of that. Then there's the Irish Wool I got from the same place as the stuff I made the ripple shawl with, this damn wool has given me fits from day one! It's beautiful stuff, green with flecks of blue, orange and fushia in it. The problem is that it won't tell me what it wants to BE!!!! I tried to make it a hat from the Vanna book, either I can't read a pattern for crap or there's something off with the pattern, or maybe it's just not meant to be, but I followed the pattern carefully and the hat ended up looking like a rastafarian hat, so I frogged it and tried again thinking I'd screwed up, same results. So THEN, after frogging it once again I tried to make one of Dot's patterns, the So Simple Wimple... well my set of hooks hadn't arrived yet so I used one that was a size smaller than her pattern called for, which was an L for the chain and a K for the rest, ok well I got my hooks and still don't have an L, so I thought if I just chained really loosely with the K I could make it work. NOT! Well, not with my fat head anyway. So now the wimple is waiting to be frogged... I just haven't had the energy for it yet. I refuse to do it till I know what I'm going to use the yarn for dammit! I also have some chenille that I've salvaged from sweaters. Well there's my answer right there, I plan to use some of that to make Yule gifts for my friends so maybe I should ummm get started on those huh?? If I want to get them out anytime before the New Year lol. Oh, and I have two more chenille sweaters to take apart, plus a wool one I picked up last week that I think I'm going to try felting with. Tomorrow the base thrift shop is open so I'm sure I'll find at least one more sweater to salvage yarn from. Why am I doing that you ask? Well because over here I have very little choice about where to buy yarn, there's one source I've found and they want an arm and BOTH legs for the stuff, not to mention they don't have much of a selection. I'm a cheapskate at heart, so I found another way. I shop ebay for some (then wait and wait and wait for it to arrive because the Army system is soooo sloooooow), and salvage sweaters for instant gratification. So it's not that I have nothing to do, I just can't decide what to do lol. I guess I'd best get started on the Yule gifts though. Now to decide who gets what color heheh. Can you tell I hate making decisions? I really really do. I think I'll go make fresh coffee while I think on it. Have a great day! |
0 comment(s):
Post a Comment
<< Home