Track referers to your site with referer.org free referrer feed.

Marvie's Crochet Corner

Sunday, October 24, 2004

G’mornin….

Well I have learned a valuable lesson. I wrote out a post on Friday but my LAN ate it. I was lazy and didn’t retype it so it never got posted. Soooo from now on I will type it out in Word and paste the damn thing when I’m done. My LAN likes to take naps when it thinks I’m not using it enough, which is anytime it’s inactive for five minutes. Hmmm kinda like my cat lol. Whenever it goes ni-night while I’m typing a post, it looses it while it’s trying to wake up. Happens in my forums, emails, here… it’s frustrating. I don’t know what the problem is, haven’t told hubby about it yet to see if he can figure out how to fix it, should do that today. Probably right about the time I tell him to stop loosing all my log-in info. He does regular maintenance on our computers, yanno, the usual spyware, virus checks and such. Well one of his damn programs eats all my log-in stuff, so today when I got online to do my usual wake up thing, I couldn’t get into anything without remembering my forty million user names and passwords. Passwords I can remember, but the username thing throws me sometimes because I have different names for different places and I never write them down. I know, I should, but then I’d have to remember where I put the damn list. To much work. I have this nifty tool right at my fingertips, it does all that for me… when my darling husband doesn’t do whatever it is he does that makes it all go bye-bye. I’ve ASKED him not to do this, yet still he does. The man knows I have a hard enough time remembering my REAL name, much less a billion different usernames, you’d THINK he’d keep this in mind. Can ya tell I’m annoyed?

So, I completed one entire Yule gift. It turned out pretty well. I now have one gift out of 10 I plan to make. I have about a week, maybe, to get them finished so I can mail them in time to arrive for placing under people’s trees. Needless to say, nobody’s getting anything big this year! Hats n scarves for all. I will try to get the lapghan finished in time for my friend’s son, but I don’t think the yarn will get here in time, so he might get a hat for Yule and the lapgahn later.

Speaking of yarn, I have to pat hubby on the back (already gave him a big smootch) because all on his own, without my knowledge, he bid on and won for me a huge box lot of yarns on ebay. Some 70+ skeins in various colors. I can’t wait for them to get here! I hope it doesn’t take forever and a day! Getting mail over here is a hit and miss thing. We ordered some yarn from a website, it was here in days. The crochet hooks took weeks. Somehow though, my mother-in-law manages to get b-day cards and such here right on time though. I have never understood how she does it, even when we lived in the states. But she somehow does it. Both hubby’s and son’s cards were here just one day before their b-days. It amazes me.

Hubby got the software installed on my ‘puter for the camera, I downloaded the pics from it, and discovered that not a single one is viewable. Well you can view them, but there’s so much light in them you can’t tell what the hell is there. Even the one I took night before last of the cat in his newest box, which was taken in a pretty dark room. It’s gotta be the flash. There is no option on this cheap cam to not use the flash so everything we’ve taken is wayyyyyyy to bright. Hubby says you can fix that with the right program, and we have said program, I just don’t know the first damn thing about how to fix it and frankly, I have to many other things on my mind atm to even care. I’m going to take one of my projects outdoors today and see if that will help. Maybe natural light will eliminate the problem. Fingers crossed. If it works I will post pics later today.

Well, that’s all for now. Gonna go try to take some pics, then play with my website some more, and then who knows what lol. Well, lots more coffee {grins} that’s a given!
Have a great Sunday!

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment

<< Home