Hat mania
Well I spent the weekend making hats =) I love hats! And these http://www.luv2crochet.com/skullcappattern.html were SO quick and easy to make! I didn't have a model handy for them this morning, but they really are adorable on. You can see that at the pattern page =)I got the different sizes just by using bigger hooks. The first hat I made I followed her pattern exactly, same hook etc. That was the baby hat. I tried it on a 3 year old (ok so it was a boy, he didn't mind though!) and it went on his head but it was tight and kinda short. So I grabbed a hook a couple sizes bigger and the result was the adult size (which is cool, my Yule hats are nearly done now!) For the last hat, the cream one, I used a thicker yarn and the I hook and got the kiddo size I wanted.
Then I got really ambitious and made an even smaller hat.... my neighbor has these dolls, kinda like really big barbies I guess? Well, she's been making clothes for these dolls and so I decided to make her a hat too. She gave me some really fun white furry thread stuff (I've never used anything lighter than baby yarn!) I grabbed my 0 hook and got busy. My first attempt was too small for the doll, they are about two feet tall or so with heads about 9 in. around. This is the hat in the pic below, it'd probably fit a real Barbie. So I went back and made the hat again, bigger, and gave it to my neighbor last night. She's emailed me a pic of the doll with it on, will post it shortly.
So all in all I made 6 hats this weekend. Including the b-day gift which is pictured below. Not bad I think.
Halloween was good, we passed out two huge bowls full of candy, saw some darling costumes, froze our fannys off sitting outside (we live in a stariwell building and don't have individual porch lights so those of us who gave out candy chose to freeze so the kids would leave the other people who didn't give candy alone.... good thing the candly went quick!) My kiddo went with one of his friends, and I was surprised that he didn't come home with a pillowcase full of loot. Seems they didn't go to many buildings, he was a bit bummed, but he'll live. The haul he came home with will last him till Yule at least. Usually it lasts till Easter lol. Hence the disapointment. I don't feel sorry for him, he doesn't need all that junk anyway.
So my plans for this week... finish Yule gifts. Now that I have the size right, I have to do two more child hats for girls, one for a boy, one for a man, and if there's time I'd like to do up a poncho or two for the girls. I know hubby said I had to mail this week, but I'm not gonna make it. Next week will have to suffice dammit.
Ok well, hope ya'll had a great Halloween! I gotta go, need more coffee
Marvie






0 comment(s):
Post a Comment
<< Home