Grrrr!
Well I'm frustrated. I did some checking on how to go about mailing my packages to my Secret Pal and discovered that in order to use the base post office the damn thing has to have my name, hubby's command, and a lot of identifying stuff on it. They did tell me I can use the German system though and wouldn't have to put all that on it. But upon looking at the posted list of participants, I'm the only one I see who lives in Germany so my pal will figure me out with the very first mailing, grrrrrr. I thought about asking someone stateside if I could mail the packages to them and have them mail said package from their hometown, but there's a problem with that thought... all three of the ones I could ask to do that for me have had packages they claim to have ready for me that they've been meaning to mail for months now. Not exactly dependable huh? So I'm stumped. Anyone who has any bright ideas, I'd love to hear 'em! I will overcome this issue somehow or another by the Gods!Well, I finished up the wine bag yesterday. It looks pretty good I think, considering I winged it. I'll try to get a pic of it to post. All I did was use a basic hat start, went till I had it the size of the bottom of the wine bottle, then I used an Irish Lace stitch I found in one of the library books I got the other day. It gives the bag plenty of stretch in case she chooses to use it for some other purpose, or needs to put a bigger bottle in it. I made a chain out of a nice mauve yarn and threaded it through the second to last row for a tie. Makes a nice ruffled top =)
I re-started on the shawl for myself. I've given up having the damn thing all the same color, simply because I just don't have enough of any one color. So I'm just going to use up all the off-white skeins I have. Hey, it's just for me anyway, and I wasn't planning on wearing it out in public, just to keep me warm when I'm sitting here at the puter by this window or when I go outside to smoke. Who cares if the shades are slightly different? Just so long as it's warm! I've got about a third of it complete so far. It goes pretty quick. Might have it finished tonight even.
Next I'm going to finish up the hats for the Yule gifts. I need two more adult hats, another scarf, then the kids gifts. I'm giving up on ponchos for the girls. Instead, I think they're getting hats and muffs. I found a simple pattern for a muff and I want to give it a try. We'll see if I change my mind again lol.
Goodness, it's already 2:30, the heathen (aka my son) will be home in 20 mins! Where has this day gone?? Oh yeah, it went to school. There was a halloween party and I got suckered into going. Just got home about an hour ago, hell I'm still drinking coffee and trying to wake up lol. Ugh, speaking of coffee, the stuff in my cup is cold and nasty, it's time for a fresh pot. So on that note I'm outta here for the day. I hope ya'll have a good Friday!






0 comment(s):
Post a Comment
<< Home