Track referers to your site with referer.org free referrer feed.

Marvie's Crochet Corner

Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Dreary Wednesday

Sorry to those who read my blog, I have not been having a very good week and therefor haven't posted in a couple of days. It's pure ugly over here right now, it's been grey and yukky for nearly a week, and that effects my mood in a big way. (Sorry if I used the wrong word...affect/effect I never have gotten that straight!) Anyway, not only that but my hubby has some crap going on at work, which I won't get into because he wouldn't want his problems all over the net. Suffice it to say though that tomorrow will be an even worse day for me. Tomorrow will determine a lot of things for us and I probably won't know a thing till he gets home from work because he's not the type to pick up the phone and call me to let me know. So I'll spend the day stressing and worrying. Ugh. I'll just be glad when it's over.

I wanted to thank those of you who left comments the other day, THANK YOU =) I didn't have the notification thingy turned on to tell me when comments were left so I didn't know they were there till this morning, I haven't been checking for comments because there weren't any after my first entry. To be expected I guess =)

Thank you Secret Pal for stopping by! And for the email =)
Rebecca, no the sweater on the doll was knitted by the lady who owns the doll (I'm thinking of asking her for lessons one of these days!)
Sutty, thanks for the offer, I think I may have the issue worked out on the mailing to my Pal, I'm composing an email now to my MIL... hoping she will let me mail the packages to her and then she can mail them out for me (and she has some sort of postal superpowers that allow her to get packages/cards and such to a person on a specific date so that could come in mighty handy!)
Kari, I'm so glad you liked my stuff =) Ya know, it's one thing when hubby or someone who doesn't crochet tells you something looks nice, but to hear it from fellow crocheters is AWESOME and so totally builds my confidence =)
Thanks to everyone who's liked the little things I've made =)

In crochet news, I've completed the hats for the females on my list! YAY! Now I just need to make a few hats for the men and boys, a few scrunchies (which I have made a few of already) and a couple of little accessories to go along with all those hats. I found a nifty cover for chapstick and one of my best friends never leaves home without her lip balm so I'm going to make her a couple of them, they're made to go on a keychain even. That way, she won't have to dig around in her purse to find it. I think I'll make one for my son too, he is always loosing his chapstick in the winter, this can attach right to his coat zipper. I also had an idea for the hook holder that I made recently... it's a perfect size to hold eyeliners, or lipsticks if I make the little pouch thingies a tiny bit bigger (at least for the lipstick I use, I love the Revlon Colorstay stuff because I am WAY to lazy to reapply the stuff!) it'll even hold pens/pencils. Which makes me think maybe I should whip up a couple for the little girls on my list. And Cell phone cozies. If my friends haven't changed phones since I left the states that is lol.

My husband thinks I'm nuts I do believe. He was sitting here at my computer the other day and saw the practice chapstick cover I'd made, and asked me if I was going to make covers for everything in the house Yup probably I replied. He thinks triangle shawls look like bikini panties (at least in the early stages), the hats I've been making he calls candy bowls, but I know he's just teasing me. He really loves the blanket I made him last year, and he's already asked for another one for when he goes back to sea after our Germany tour is complete. (depending on tomorrow, I may need to get to work on that soon! he's been hinting that he wants to terminate his shore duty and go back to sea, which is fine with me, I'd LOVE to go home!)

I also know that he likes seeing me interested in something, he knows I don't really have much to do over here. I've read almost every book our little library has, don't really know anyone over here and kind of don't want to make close friends since we'll just be leaving eventually. That might sound harsh, but I just left behind my three best friends in the whole world and it was really hard. I don't want to do that every few years. Which is why I am SO grateful for the internet, I can stay in touch with my friends, and I can get enough socialization through the message boards and such that I don't feel lonely. Not to mention, it also allows me a certain amount of privacy, which was something I felt I lacked when my phone was always ringing with one friend or another, or someone dropping by to hang out. I admit it, I'm basically a hermit. I LIKE being alone, I LOVE my quiet house, I detest talking on the phone (this past almost 9 months has been heaven in that respect, I haven't been on the phone longer than five minutes at a time since we got here heheheh) and I don't much care for crowds or noise. Maybe privacy isn't the word I wanted, it is probably more like quiet.

Well anyway, back to crochet I started another hat last night... it's looking pretty good I think. I was bored with all my yarns (please Lady of the Postal Service let my big box of yarn come soon!) so I started experimenting. I have all that chenille from those sweaters, so I grabbed a ball of the deep eggplant purple (which is very thin) and a ball of tan (which is pretty thick) and held them together. In the dim light from my table lamp it kept reminding me of candy. Maybe I just had candy on the brain lol. It twisted up as I worked it and has a nice varigated look to it now. I'll post a pic when I get it finished. I'm using the Granny skull pattern I used for the girl's hats with a bigger hook, so it'll work up quick. I chose that pattern simply because it's SO thick with those two strands that I was afraid it would be TOO warm if it was a solid pattern. I may keep this one for myself. Then again, I may switch it out with one of the rolled brim hats and give it to a friend for Yule lol. Who knows!

Well, I'm off to get fresh coffee and go smoke. Oh, that reminds me... on Monday I typed up a post at the end of my day and forgot to post it! Let me put that up first.... ok it's done. And just so ya'll know... that was a pretty good day! I actually finished everything I started, which I almost never do lol. Usually when I get distracted from one thing and move on, I never go back to finish the first, second, third, etc. thing and it drives my poor darling Hubby insane!

Hope ya'll have a wonderful day!

2 comment(s):

  • I'm like you...I like peace and quiet, and am not big on socializing. I like message boards for the same reason as you....socialization without the hassle. And I HATE the phone (but that's because I'm hearing impaired, and can't lip read over the phone, lol.)

    By Blogger Unknown, at 12:14 AM  

  • Oh I'm so glad I'm not the only hermit lol. It's a good thing I married one too huh? *smile* My son on the other hand, is a Leo and is very social... and he's at the age where he wants his friends to come over alllllll the time. Fortunately I have him well trained and he keeps them in line when they're here.

    By Blogger Marvie, at 4:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home