Track referers to your site with referer.org free referrer feed.

Marvie's Crochet Corner

Monday, November 08, 2004

I will not kill my child...

I will not kill my child... I will not kill my child... if I chant it enough it will be so... right??? The little fiend is in so much trouble it's not even funny. I just got off the phone with his teacher and discovered that after weeks of doing everything I possibly can, short of attending class with him, he is STILL failing math and science. Wanna know why?? Because the little monster isn't turning things in... and he isn't turning them in because he ISNT DOING THEM. Now, I check his planner daily, sign it, sign every paper that comes home and give it back to him. I have been doing this all year long. Several weeks ago when progress reports came out and we discovered his horrid grades, we started keeping him indoors after school, as he was claiming not to have homework so he could go outdoors right away to play with his friends. This has not helped it seems. We also have given him tools and advice on ways to organize himself. Gave him a folder labled Take Home Stuff, a bright yellow folder with two pockets. One for the papers that have to come home, homework, notes, etc. the other pocket, for things to take back to school. I haven't seen that folder in a couple of weeks. I gave him post it pads so he could jot himself notes, he doesn't use them. I have threatned to start going up to the school to pick him up every day, this way I can walk to each classroom and pick up the papers personally. I may have to start doing this as he doesn't seem to think I will get off my lazy ass and do it. It's only a tiny bit farther of a walk than it is to go to the grocery store or library, and I go to one or both of those places several times a week... My hubby has given up, he tried for weeks to work with the kid, but all that did was stress them both out. Hubby and son are kinda like oil and water. So it is now totally up to me and the monster... I gave birth to him, I did the exact same things when I was his age so I should know how to prevent these things right?? Well I am at a complete loss at the moment. Anybody got any suggestions? Short of drowning him, I'm up for anything ;) Seriously, I am open to ideas if anybody has any. I'm calmer now, somewhat, I may not kill him tonight... and he's smart enough to stay out of sight when I'm like this so he will most likely survive to go to school tomorrow.

Well, sorry for the venting, but that is after all what blogs are for right? Or one of the things anyway. No new corchet news other than the adorable turtle pin cuchion below. He needs a name.......

Have a great day!

2 comment(s):

  • My hubby advocates drowning children before age 5 (kidding of course)
    I would have to say that the picking him up form school going in and getting his assignments would be the best bet. Maybe he'll be so embarrassed he'll want to do better.


    By Blogger Unknown, at 11:21 AM  

  • Sounds like me as a kid...my parents got sick of me doing that and were VERY strict...what they did was no matter what, if I had homework or NOT, I had to sit at a desk for an hour every night, with nothing but my school stuff. Oh he'll hate you for it, but it DID make a difference. Although of course, for a while, I was even more determined not to do homework and would stare at nothing. Stubborn child. The other option is to have the teacher write what the homework is, then you check it off as it's done, after you personally see it finished.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 11:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home