Marvie's Crochet Corner |
|
Previous
|
Monday, November 15, 2004
I'm still frozen, we got home from our first parent/teacher conference an hour and a bit ago and I am still frozen solid from the hips down. I have to turn around and go back in about an hour. I may not thaw out at all today. There was a heavy frost on everything when we left the house at 7:45 this morning, it's mostly gone now though. At least in the places where the sun has hit.
The conference went well. We made some decisions that should encourage the boy to get on the ball. He will now have his agenda signed by the teacher before he leaves class each day, in addition to me signing it each afternoon when he gets home. To encourage him to maybe do his classwork, rather than playing/drawing/running his overactive mouth, the deal now is that if he doesn't finish his classwork he gets to spend recess in the classroom doing it. His overall grades are pitiful. He got 2 D's (which in my old school would have been F's based on the number grade, seems they do it somewhat differently these days, but my mind sees F) and in math, it's as bad as I expected. A 38, which is mostly due to not doing/turning in the work. His test/quiz grades weren't good either, but if he'd done his work and made the effort to get the bonus points that are freely available, he'd have had at LEAST a B-. So between the things discussed/decided today and having found him a math tutor, I have hope that his grades will be much improved for this new grading period. *fingers crossed* So in crochet news... I finished the kid's mittens, buttons and all. I made another kid size skully. Finished the Homespun scarf to go with my hat. It's kinda short, but I wore it this morning and it'll do. It was just long enough to wrap one side around my neck. At the very least, it's something soft on my neck when I wear my wool sweater jacket. I have nothing new started yet. Can't decide what to make next. I could start a blanket in the brown colors I have. It's be nice to put all those different colors together somehow. I'm thinking of making my best friend a shawl to throw in her Yule box before I send it off. Just don't know what colors to use. Got some kinda bad news in regards to my best friend. She just discovered Monday that she has cervical cancer, well she's one teensy step from cancer is what she said. It's beyond pre-cancerous cells though, she just had a procedure for that a few weeks ago and the follow-up is when she found this out. She's been given two choices for treatment. Something called a Cone, which is like what was just done only more in depth, or a hysterectomy. Needless to say she's scared to death. I called her last night and we talked for over an hour (my first call to the states since I got here actually) The poor thing is only 26 years old, the thought of going through a hysterectomy scares her spitless. I think though, that she's going to go with the other first, it has a good chance of working and the cancer not returning. If by some chance it does she can then go with the more drastic measures. She's still got some questions for her doc, but she's pretty sure that's the way she will go. I so wish I could be there for her in person. She was there for me when I had pre-cancerous cells and had surgery, and when I found the lump in my breast last year, she took me to the hospital for my surgery (hubby was out to sea) and stayed with me through it all. (Thankfully the lump was benign) I am glad though that her husband is there for her and she has family to be with her. The doc told her she can probably wait till after the holidays to deal with it, but my friend thinks the doc meant if she went with the hysterectomy she could wait, we're not sure. So I'd like to get her a shawl made soon, either she can have it when she goes in to the surgery, or at the least she will have it to wear around the house. She told me last night that she's been wearing a blanket since it got cold. Said she even wears it as she folds laundry lol. Maybe a nice cuddly shawl, with a button or tie, would be better lol. Not much else going on. I'm starting to get anxious for my secret pal package to arrive. I hope it gets here soon! Wouldn't it be awesome if hubby brought it home today? (yes, it would *g*) Well, I'm off to add another layer of clothing to my lower half before we walk back to the school. Is it naptime yet?? Have a wonderful day! |
3 comment(s):
Hope your plan with your boy turns out well I'll keep my fingers crossed.
By
Unknown, at
6:24 AM
By
Anonymous, at
9:07 AM
By
Unknown, at
1:02 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home