Track referers to your site with referer.org free referrer feed.

Marvie's Crochet Corner

Wednesday, November 17, 2004

It was a great day =)

I didn't post yesterday, but I was busy =) So first let me just say Thanks to everyone who stopped by and wished us a Happy Anniversary! It meant a lot to me =)

Wanna hear about my day? Wanna see some pics?? Well, read on!


I dressed and met hubby for lunch at a German resturant right off base. Managed to nearly finish the scarf I am making from the fun fur my Pal sent, though I just realized I forgot to take a pic of it. Will do that in a few minutes. It looks great! Back to my day...

We had lunch, then hubby took me shopping! Well actually, during lunch he gave me the first part of my gift, which he picked out all by himself =) Three books, well two almanacs and a Daily planner for 2005. They will be pictured below with the other goodies =) So we shopped. First he took me to a booth where a Turkish guy was selling jewelery. Hubby had already been there to look and had picked a bracelet but wanted to make sure I'd like it first. I did =) Here it is



It's blurry and you can't see the color or detail, but it's handcrafted silver with red, blue and green enamel. It's really quite beautiful =)

After that we went to the Gussy Goose and he bought me yarn =) I got a half dozen balls of Cranberry Wool Ease to make my friend a shawl, two balls of white fun fur, a couple of handfuls of beads (no pic of those) just because I liked 'em lol. He also got me the Crystalite hooks I have been wanting =) Here's a pic of the haul (I didn't even try to get all the yarn, just one of each)



BB got in the way so I tried again....



Isn't she helpful??



Finally a pic without her assistance lol. After the shopping we went and had a cappuchino to warm up and rest my feet. Because idiot that I am I wore high heeled boots. Well, to be fair I thought I was just going for lunch not the entire day walking around all over base and beyond. My feet were just not meant for heels. I was in pain after about two hours of wearing them. Is it because I usually go barefoot or wear sandals, or sneakers when it's cold? Is it because I didn't grow up wearing heels? Whatever it is, my feet don't like 'em! The part right under my toes, the part that seems to bear all the weight, is so bruised and hurts like hell still this morning. Note to self... no more heels till we're stateside again (where I don't walk near as much!) Sucks cuz I really love my boots. For one they're pretty *g* for another, when I wear them hubby can kiss me without having to stoop down to my height.

After that, hubby had to go pretend to work for a while and I had a couple of hours to kill before the next bus home, so I went to the library. A warm place to sit and rest my feet, plus books! I was somewhat disappointed in that they only had two crochet books, but I checked them out anyway lol. They're both afghan pattern books, and there's several I'd like to try. I get to keep the books for a month, should be time enough to do one or two if I don't get too distracted lol.

Finally at 3:30 it was time for the bus. I was sitting at the bus stop reading the Herbal Almanac hubby bought me, when who should walk up but my dear hubby! Which was a surprise since he usually doesn't leave till 4:30 at the earliest. They let him go early since it was our anniversary though. Nice of 'em huh? So we got to come home together and I got to snuggle with him (he's SO warm and I was SO cold) all the way home.

I won't go into detail about our evening, suffice it to say we had dinner, watched a movie and had a *very* good night ;)

So, here's the pic of the fur scarf I promised...



And here's a scanned image so you can see the lovely colors.



I used the creme colored mystery yarn I told you about the other day with it for added warmth and to make the fur last a bit longer. The scarf is short, but it's perfect for wearing inside a coat to keep the wind off my chest, it can be wrapped one time if I want to as well, though I doubt I will. I am really happy with the way it turned out =)) Thanks Secret Pal! I love this yarn!

I gotta go make more coffee now and do some cleaning since I didn't do anything around here yesterday. Ya'll have a wonderful day!

2 comment(s):

  • I am sooo glad you guys had a great day (and night)!
    I am dying here I love the books he gave you! Where on Earth did he find that planner?


    By Blogger Unknown, at 6:39 AM  

  • So so glad you had a great day with your love. Sounds perfect. Nothing beats body heat when you are chilled to the bone! Mighty great stuff you got while you were out, too.
    Your Secret Pal


    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home