Didn't do much
Well I didn't get a whole lot accomplished this weekend. I usually don't when I'm crampy. Ugh.I did start and finish the hat for the lady who requested one like my son's. I refused payment though since she's tutoring the little heathen every evening for free, and even feeds him dinner if he happens to be there at dinnertime. The hat was a PITA to get right for some reason. First try it was to small, second try I overdid it and it would have fit a giant. In the end it was still bigger than I liked but I took it to her so I could see it on and planned to come home and fix it, but she wanted it like it was, so that was cool. She chose the bright christmas-y red. Looked good on her =)
I also made the little heathen another hat and pair of mittens to match his new coat. Well ok, the mittens aren't quite finished, still need their cuffs, and one needs a thumb. I'll finish them sometime today though.
Today I got the Yule boxes ready to go out. All packed up and waiting for addresses. I also dug around in the stor room and discovered to my dismay that I have no Yule cards leftover from last year. The reason I have none leftover is because last year was "Use up leftover cards" year. This means I am going to spend a small fortune buying cards here. Grrrrr. I am thinking that not everyone I usually send cards to will be getting them this year. Pretty much if they sent me one last year, they'll get one this year. Should cut my list down quite a bit. I am not even certain that some of the addresses I've been sending to are good anymore, though none ever come back to me so who knows. I don't have time to write out nearly 100 cards this year anyway. Even if I can force hubby to help, and I usually do since most of them go to his family! They have to get in the mail soon... like now even. Ugh again.
I also took a look through my decorations while I was downstairs. Gonna have to figure out how to do the lights this year. For one thing they'll have to be on a transformer since they are (of course) 110 V and our plugs are mostly 220V. This means hubby's gonna have to go buy one for the lights because the ones we already have are full up. Then of course, I've never lived in housing before so I have no idea what rules (if any) there are as to how much or what you can do. Most of my stuff is for inside, I only have lights, fake greenery and wreaths for outside. Which is a good thing since there's no yard to decorate. I think I'll just put lights in the windows and if we can figure out a way I'll do up the stairwell too. If not, the stairwell will get the greenery and wreaths, maybe one of my small villages on the mailbox top.
I have no damned idea where I'll put a tree, or even my villages and other decorations. Every surface in this tiny place is already full of books and crap. Every corner is filled with furniture or movie shelves. I will figure something out though! I usually take a bunch of stuff off the tables and shelves, stuff 'em in the boxes the Yule decos come out of and store 'em till I take down all the stuff from the holidays. That'll clear some space for little stuff. I have a corner in mind for the tree, but hubby has movies there, plus the cat tree... and there's just noplace else to move those things. This will take some thought. I will not break down and use a tabletop tree (unless it''s the ONLY way I can have a real tree) I want my usual 5-6' tree dangit. I will NOT have a fake tree. I tried it one year. It was horrible. Took me 9 hours to put together, and the Grinch (aka hubby) wouldn't help one bit. After it was together it looked awful. There was no yummy smell and the cats toppled it three times. I hated it. Never again. The cats have (knocking wood now) never toppled a real tree. Though, this IS Goof's first Yule with us so anything could happen! Keeping my fingers crossed!
Well, the kid's gonna be home shortly. My tummy is reminding me that I forgot to put anything in it other than coffee and this is unacceptable to it. Better go feed it lol.
Ya'll have a great day!






0 comment(s):
Post a Comment
<< Home