Track referers to your site with referer.org free referrer feed.

Marvie's Crochet Corner

Friday, November 26, 2004

The day after

Mornin ya'll... Anybody else have a turkey hangover? I sure do. I didn't drink a drop if alcohol yesterday, but this morning I feel like I polished off a couple of bottles of wine. It's gotta be the turkey lol. I think the coffee I drank last night musta been decaf, because by midnight I was falling asleep playing Solitaire. Usually if I drink real coffee that late I'm up till 2 or 3. Had three cups at our neighbor's house, then hubby made cappuchinos after we got home. I shoulda been up all night. (I think he was!) But I went to bed and slept like a rock till just after 9 this morning. *yawn* and if my bladder hadn't woken me, I probably could have slept longer. Problem is though, once I open my eyes and see daylight, I can't usually go back to sleep. I've tried, just can't do it. We covered our bedroom windows with foil and paper bags (lovely to look at I know) to block the morning light, but unfortunately for me, I have to go into the light to pee. That's alright though, I can always nap later lol.

While I'm bitchin... hubby bought pre-ground coffee. I am SO spoiled with my fresh ground yummy smelling, delicious coffee. He ever so kindly set the pot up last night so all I had to do when I got up was turn it on. I went out to smoke and came back in, took a deep sniff, ecpecting my morning whiff of yumminess and got.... nothing. Not a damn thing. I anxiously checked the pot to be sure I'd turned it on, and it was full of dark liquid, which I am guessing is supposed to be coffee. Then I saw the big huge plastic tubs of coffee grounds. Not just one, but TWO. These tubs claim to keep the grounds fresher longer but let me tell you, it's B.S. There is nothing in this world like grinding your own beans. I like to grind and grind and grind till it's very fine. I love the full rich flavor of my freshly ground coffee. I do not care if it's a little bit more expensive than tubs of Goddess knows how old coffee grounds. The expense is worth it. You get what you pay for. He paid for crap. I'm drinking crap. I expect to drink crap at resturants, most other people's houses even. I do so without complaint. But this is just to much. I can't take this! I'm looking at a couple of weeks worth of drinking this crap. He'll use it for the first pot every day, he'll pour one cup as he walks out the door, then it'll sit there and burn till I get up a couple/few hours later. Now this is bad enough with good coffee, but it's still mostly drinkable. I can choke down a cup or two before I am forced by my delicate tastebuds to make fresh yummy coffee. This pre-ground ca-ca is bad enough when it's just come out of the filter, but after sitting several hours it's disgusting. I will then have to pour out (meaning WASTE) an entire pot of coffee. Because even my thrifty soul cannot drink the shit. So, he pays nearly $6 for a tub which, admittedly, makes more pots than the smaller bag of beans we pay $5 for... but from the grounds only one or two cups a day gets actually ingested out of a pot, whereas with the good stuff, I don't pour it out more than a cup a day, if that. So am I the only one who sees that buying ca-ca coffee is actually NOT cheaper? It costs more in the end and leaves the mommy type person of the house in an ugly mood. Much more expensive in the long run. The question remains to be answered though as to whether the fatherly type person of the house can see the big picture here.

OK, bitch session over. For now ;)

I started another pair of socks yesterday, but only did about four rounds before food got in the way lol. This pair is bright red, made out of the mohair type stuff from my ebay stash. Couldn't think of anything else to use that yarn for, so since socks are my current fascination, it will become socks. I'm still wearing my grey ones. I'm just so tickled with them lol. The red ones are being done in sc rather than hdc. This means they will take me forever to do. SC is slow and tedious to me. For some reason I crochet much more tightly in sc, which makes my hands hurt so I have to take many more breaks, plus it takes so many more rounds to get as far as you'd get in dc or hdc. This will be my at the computer project I think. I can work on it while I surf and read.

I decided that the chenille will become a lap blanket. It's in all those pretty jewel tones, so I'm going to make a bunch of squares and rectangles in solid colors, but using different stitches (for variety and learning purposes)and then put them all together.

After we get paid next week I'm going to take some Euros and go shopping for yarn. One of our neighbors told me that she found a store that has yarn and she said she'll take me there =) I can't wait! I have no idea how much or what types of yarn will be there, but I'm hoping to find something I can make my shawl from. And maybe a little more to add to my stash, which is shrinking btw. Stash shrinkage is not good. After the holidays I will be back on ebay hunting. I can't allow my stash to get too low after all *g*

Though on the other hand, hubby is probably going to try to keep me from buying to much. He's put in the paperwork to have his shore duty terminated and if it gets approved we'll be moving back to the states! YAY! I so want to go home. So that will mean saving money so we can find a house and all that stuff. It will also mean I'll get to go home early to house hunt =) He's thinking that we should be heading home by the Spring. We still have to get approval from his command though, they have to say yes they'll let him go before anything happens. Needless to say I will be doing a lot of praying! He says that there shouldn't be a problem there though. He's been talking about this for months and so far his command has made noises that lead him to think they will approve. It's not as if he's essential to them. He can't even get into the area where he should be working because his clearnace hasn't come through, and won't for a couple of years, so he sits way down in an unsecure area, doing pretty much nothing all day. Most of the time his command doesn't even know if he's even there! He takes off and goes wandering around the base for a couple of hours at a time, has lunch with me, shops, and they never even miss him, since they usually didn't know he was there to begin with. So I'm pretty sure they will put a big ol' Yes on the paperwork when it comes across their desks. You can bet I'll be letting the Goddess know that I'd really like to go home! We all want to go home. Even the kiddo.

I'm ready to start packing now lol. But instead, it's time to get out the Yule decorations. Hubby is not going to be loving that lol. When I get off the computer, I'm going to dust and clear off the surfaces to make room for things. Then I'll go down and start hauling boxes out of the basement store room. I doubt I will get any help out of him. He might help me carry the boxes, simply because he knows that if he doesn't I will end up hurting my back. I will definately have to make him figure out how I can plug the lights in. But that's about all I can expect. Which is fine with me. I enjoy doing it =) I spend hours deciding where to put villages, snowmen, etc. It's especially fun when we're in a new house lol. There's a whole new furniture configuration, which leaves open many possibilities if I just open my eyes and look. Creativity is the key lol. This year I'll have to be very creative to figure out how to fit it all into this small space *g*

Well, I've gotten myself psyched now so I'm going to get off here and get busy! Ya'll have a great day, enjoy the sales if you're going out shopping today =)

1 comment(s):

  • I'll be sending ya some good positive thoguhts for getting to come back to the states!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 8:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home