Yummy coffee!
Yay, it's Monday! I finally have my house to myself again, hubby's back at work, kid's at school, it's so lovely. Ok, I admit, my good mood is more due to the fact that sitting beside my keyboard is a cup of YUMMY coffee, not the ca-ca stuff. I made a whole pot just a few minutes ago. I can smell it =) I love the smell of freshly ground/brewed coffee. I don't even mind (much) that there's no 1/2 & 1/2 for it so I had to put milk in my yummy coffee... just happy to finally be drinking the good stuff. I had to drink the crappy coffee the entire four day weekend. Other than the occasional cappuchino, but he's even starting to make THOSE with ca-ca coffee! The NERVE! OK off my soapbox now lol my mood is just to good to ruin it with bitching.Well I couldn't get into Blogger all weekend (sent them an email last night about it) and it's very frustrating. Blogging has become very much part of my daily routine and I miss it when I can't. I decided this morning that what I will do when I can't log in is to just type it into a Word doc and then copy into here when I finally get back in. This way I get my "fix" and don't have to try to play catch-up.
Well, my weekend was mostly un-eventful. I did make it to the thrift shop Saturday and found a GORGEOUS sweater on the dollar rack. I snatched it of course lol. On the way home I was looking it over with thoughts of recycling it in mind, because it had lots of lovely different yarns in it, and to my amazement I found that this was a hand made (knitted) sweater and best of all.... not a single seam in it! It was all one piece! Woohoooooooo! The sweater was done in stripes, made out of about 10 different yarns. The colors are all in creams and tans, with touches of metallic threads, many different textures too. Thick 'n thin yarns, nubby yarns, cotton yarns, a couple mohair type yarns, chenille, homespun... and not one tiny bit of plain old acrylic yarn in it. Most of the strips were done with two yarns or several threads knitted together. This poor beautiful sweater had been just abandoned, to be sold for a lousy dollar. It cried out to me to take it home and turn it into something for myself, so of course I just had to rescue it.
Once home, I immediately sat down and deconstructed it. This sweater was very well done, ends woven in and hidden so well I had a hard time finding them at times. I did find them though. It took me the rest of the day and most of the night to deconstruct and wind all the different yarns into balls, but I finsihed it before I went to bed. I ended up with about two dozen small-medium balls of yarn goodness out of it.
Sunday after my morning wake-up routine, minus blogging that is, I immediately began turning those balls into something wonderful. I knew from the moment I laid eyes on this sweater what it would become. I am not going to tell you what just yet, it's a surprise *g* since I can't surprise myself, the next best thing is to surprise ya'll lol. I will show you when it is complete, which will be later today. I have over half of it done now and it's sitting in my lap at the moment yelling at me to hurry up and come back ;) I worked on this for 12 hours yesterday. I just couldn't help myself. I took frequent breaks to smoke, eat, potty etc. but otherwise all I did was work on this project. Fortunately it is not made of a very intense stitch so my hands are not giving me issues and I can continue today lol. Though since hubby is at work I will have to do the usual critter patrol and floors at some point today, during breaks of course lol. Oh I can't wait to share this with you! Get yourselves ready for a feast for your eyes later today! I'm going to get back to it now, the yelling has become pitiful crying ;)
Hope ya'll had a great weekend, here's to an even better coming week!






1 comment(s):
By
Unknown, at
6:24 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home