Mornin ya'll
Well it's mornin' for ya'll anyway, it's just after noon here. I slept way late today and am only on my second cup of coffee. Was up till after 3 just watching tv and not being sleepy. I did get a couple of little things made though. Remember how I was saying yesterday I was making another pair of socks out of the red? Well I was working on that and when I tried it on it was to small for my fat foot. I tried to frog it but that yarn doesn't like to frog, so as I sat there playing with it while I tried to decide if I had the patience to keep trying to frog something that didn't wanna frog, I rolled the edge up and it became a hat... a little miniature Rolled Brom Hat, which as it turned out was the PERFECT size for my homemade sock snowlady... so the would-be sock became a red hat for my sock snowlady. Which of course just HAD to have a matching scarf right? So I made her a little red scarf. Then Mr.Snowman had to have a hat and scarf, so I grabbed this skien of really thin (I think it's 3 ply) black yarn and worked up a hat for him, then combined the red with the black and did him up a scarf with fringe. I'll get pics later, not awake enough yet for one, and hubby's puter is busy with something or other and that's where the camera software is located... anyway...These snowpeople came from something I saw on HGTV a couple of years ago. They're made out of mens tube socks. You turn the sock inside out so the texture is on the outside, stick the top from a can of veggies (or something) in the bottom for stability, pour in a little rice or beans for weight, then use fiber fill to stuff them. Put a rubber band around the top of the head and then turn the remailing bit of sock into a hat (I'd have to play with it to remember how I did that but it was easy) You then use acrylic paints to put on the buttons, eyes, nose and mouth. I gave my lady eyelashes too.
Now back when I first made these I wasn't crocheting so I just used some fabric in holiday themes and colors to make them scarves and rather than trying to hem something that small I just used my scissors and gave each scarf fringe.
Oh, and I almost forgot the snowkids... when I went to buy the socks to make the snowpeople, I snuck into the baby dept. and picked up a package of white ruffled girl socks and a package of plain white baby boy tube socks to make the kids. Made them the same way, just left out the can lids.
So after I finished up Mr. Snowman's hat and scarf I made the little girl a hooded scarf out of one of the baby yarns. I don't have a boy snowkid made, I ran out of fiberfill before I got to him lol. When I get some more though I'll make him up a hat/scarf set as well though =)
They are just to cute =) Hubby just shook his head and told me I was a goober. He just doesn't understand my "obsession" (his word!) with tying knots (which is what he thinks crochet is, no matter how I explain to him that knots are macrame) but he supports me anyway and compliments all my projects, even if he thinks I've lost it lol. I'll post pics later on.
So after all that, I'll have to start over on the red socks.
Well, I am off to drink some ca-ca coffee and try to wake up a bit. Got all the decos out and set around yesterday, today I want to get the lights done. Hope ya'll have a great day!






0 comment(s):
Post a Comment
<< Home