Track referers to your site with referer.org free referrer feed.

Marvie's Crochet Corner

Saturday, December 04, 2004

Neat Idea

I saw this on Kari's blog and on Three Olives and Some Yarn and decided to join the fun.

The guidelines:

Step One

Make a post to your weblog/journal. The post should contain your list of 10 holiday wishes. The wishes can be anything at all, from simple and fandom-related ("I'd love a Snape icon that's just for me") to medium ("I wish for _____ on DVD") to really big ("All I want for Christmas is a new car/computer/house/TV.") The important thing is, make sure these wishes are things you really, truly want.

If you wish for real life things (not fics or icons), make sure you include some sort of contact info in your post, whether it's your address or just your email address where Santa (or one of his elves) could get in touch with you.

Also, make sure you post some version of these guidelines, or link to this post (it'll be public) so that the holiday joy will spread.

Step Two
Surf around your blogroll (or friend's blogrolls, or just random journals) to see who has posted their list. And now here's the important part:

If you see a wish you can grant, and it's in your heart to do so, make someone's wish come true. Sometimes someone's trash is another's treasure, and if you have a leather jacket you don't want or a gift certificate you won't use--or even know where you could get someone's dream purebred Basset Hound for free--do it.

You needn't spend money on these wishes unless you want to. The point isn't to put people out, it's to provide everyone a chance to be someone else's holiday elf--to spread the joy. Gifts can be made anonymously or not--it's your call.

There are no rules with this project, no guarantees, and no strings attached. Just...wish, and it might come true. Give, and you might receive. And you'll have the joy of knowing you made someone's holiday special.


My wishes:

1. A Turn of the Century hook, would love it in one of the larger (L,M,N,P) sizes.

2. Yarn always more yarn heheh

3. This CD

4. To have hubby's command approve him terminating his shore duty so we can GO Home!

5. Catnip for my kitties, we can't seem to find any they like here. I used to get them their nip at Wal-Mart in a white tub type thing, I want to say it was called Cosmic catnip but I could be wrong. Any kind of organic nip would work, everything we get here is more minty than nippy and they aren't impressed lol.

6. A signed copy of Diana Gabaldon's book The Outlandish Companion (can be gotten from This store I've talked with Ms. Gabaldon on a forum and gotten writing advice from her, she's such a great lady! I've been reading her books for several years now and the Companion is the only one I don't own... well that and the new one she's currently working on *grin*

7. More of that yummy lip balm my SP sent me... Burt's Bees... that stuff is so awesome! (No I haven't used up what she sent lol I just wanna be sure I don't run out *G*)

8. Stitch markers!

9. A yarn cutter, one of those that's ok to use on airplanes Like this one

10. A ball winder!

Edited because I'm a dip and forgot to include contact info lol. You can email me at newcombmarvie AT hotmail DOT com or mycrochetcorner AT hotmail DOT com

This is hard! I am having trouble thinking of ten things I can wish for. I guess that's a good thing since it means I have everything I really want (mostly lol) Well, I did it. It only took me an hour and a half to think up ten things I wish for lol. Of course, in between wishing I was also showing the kiddo how to make a swatch. He really wants to get started on his hat making. He is not impressed with swatching lol. "Do I have to to this when I make a hat?" he asked. He got bored before he'd even finished the foundation row and said he'd work on it later. I will not cave though. I refuse to show him how to make a hat till he produces one swatch in sc and one in dc. He needs the practice. He's still learning how to hold the yarn not to mention how to manage the yarn and the work at the same time. He'll get it though. I just wish I were a better teacher. I'm quite proud of how well I'm keeping my patience so far though. When I get frustrated I tend to get irritated and then it's all downhill. I've been good though. Don't want to discourage him.

Well, took the cat to the vet last night. It's official, she has a bladder infection. The vet gave her three shots, after squeezing some urine out, which also brought a small amount of blood. He got enough for the test though. He sent home some pills, one for the infection which I give her daily for the next 6 days, and one for inflamation which I give her today and tomorrow. Won't that be fun. He did give me a syringe and told me that I could crush the pills into powder and add a bit of water and just squirt it down her throat. It'll be easier than trying to give her a pill, but it's still gonna be a hellish experience. All told the trip cost me 40 Euro. Not bad really, even with the exchange rate. I'll have a happy peeing kitty soon.

I started working on a scarf for one of my friends, she sent me some yarn and a request for a matching hat and scarf. She sent me Caron Simply Soft in Autumn Red. So since there's just one color I thought the scarf should have some sort of interesting stitch, rather than just simple single or double crochet. I found a stitch in one of the library books I have on hand that I liked and went with it. Looks quite nice. I'll post pics and pattern once I'm finished. I don't know what hat I'll be making her yet. I'm sending her some links to look through and will make whatever she picks out.

I'm wondering something about my hat making venture. Maybe someone who read this can advise me. I don't have many, ok I have ONE, original patterns, and I am not sure I can come up with enough to make hats for the church ladies etc. So what I'm wondering is can they bring me patterns they've found and pay me to make what they want? Or would that be breaking copyright laws? If I send them to my website, where I have links to pattern sites, or they find something they like in a magazine. Would I need to contact the designer of the object and ask their permission to sell said item? I'd appreciate any advice anyone has on the matter.

Well, hubby is awake and kid is buggin so I am outta here for a while. Hope ya'll have a great weekend!

1 comment(s):

  • I just wanted to share with you a good tip that someone told me to help get your cat to take the medicine. Use a old sweatshirt or sweater and place the cat inside and stick its head out one of the sleeves. This way you can hold the cat in the sweatshirt or sweater and not get clawed! Good luck!

    www.hooksonfire.blogspot.com


    By Blogger Hunny, at 8:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home