Track referers to your site with referer.org free referrer feed.

Marvie's Crochet Corner

Tuesday, December 14, 2004

Crochet news... not a damn thing to report. I got a nasty headache last night and put down the second mitten, though over the course of the day I did manage to get just past the thumb hole. Which means it's over half finished. Is it news? If so it's pretty boring lol. My friend did pick a hat though, she wants Dot's Lizzy hat. I've been wanting to make this hat ever since Dot put it up so I'm looking forward to starting that after I finish the mitten. Actually, it'll have to be later this week or over the weekend though, with the school stuff going on this week. I want to be able to really focus on it once I start. Which means if I finish the mitten today I'll probably start something mindless to work on the rest of the week, I'll want something to take along tomorrow for the field trip I'm sure. Don't know if I'll be able to work on it or not, but have to have something just in case right?

I am looking forward to tomorrow's trip though. I can't remember what play we're seeing, but the Christmas Market after should be really fun. I'm taking Euro so I can shop ;) Good timing too as tomorrow is payday heheheh. I'll have to leave the house a few minutes early so I can stop by the ATM before I go to the school. Back in the states we can access out pay after midnight on the 14th, but over here with the time difference we can't get to it till after 6AM. That's ok though as I don't need it till 8AM ;)

I have three wish list packages ready to mail, but I had to wait till payday to mail them so they won't go out till Thursday. I hope they arrive before Christmas. I'll ship priority, we always do anyway. So that should help some. It's mostly stuff I had here at the house already, but I plan to pick up a few things tomorrow to add to the packages, just for fun. I'm certain there will be decorations to buy and candy, and who knows what else I will encounter.

I've heard from two Elves that they are sending packages, which is very exciting! Plus my SP told me not to long ago that she sent a package. It's very exciting, because before the wishlist and Secret Pal swap I hadn't gotten any packages from back home, unless I ordered something lol. I'm just like a kid when it comes to getting mail, it's always excited me lol. It's not the gifts, it's just the fact of getting something in the mail that isn't a bill. Something just for pleasure. I have gotten a few cards from friends and that is just as exciting to me. Am I strange or what lol. Well, simple things for simple people right?

I am noticing that the people who have gotten packages from Elves have opened them right away, I was worried I'd have to wait till Christmas *g* I'm glad I don't! I'm too impatient for that lol.

Which reminds me, I still need to find something to stuff hubby's stocking with. We've already given each other our gifts, but I don't want his stocking to be empty. I have no idea what to get though. Usually back home, I go out on Christmas Eve and pick up some small stuff, throw a DVD in, maybe some toiletries, candy (which the kid and I usually get lol) and the refills for his electric razor(the little round head thingies). Problem is, he's already gotten so many DVD's that I haven't yet found one he hasn't bought, we can't find his refills, he doesn't wear cologne, he's got a new wallet.... I have no idea what to get the man lol. Well, there's still time, I'm sure something will turn up. I already got the stuff for the kid's stocking. I even picked up some things for my stocking, though there's still room for yarn ;) OOOHHH there's a thought, I can just fill hubby's stocking with yarn *big grin* and tell him it's for something for him! Though there's nothing he needs... I already made him a hat and he doesn't want mitttens or socks. Or... I could fill it with cat toys, he plays with them much more then I do lol. A ball of yarn just for him and the cats, so he'll stop stealing strands of whatever I'm working on to dangle for them!

I'm feeling restless today. I'm bored, I'm about to start, so I'm moody too. I don't really want to crochet, yet I do (doesn't make much sense huh?) I'm too restless to read, and I haven't picked up a non-crochet related book in months anyway. I guess I could clean, how fun is that lol. It's too late in the day to go anywhere, the kid will be home in 2 hours. I'm not sleepy, so a nap is out. I've already read my bloglist, caught up at crochetville, email is empty. Got dinner thawed out, since we have to eat early due to the school play. Can't cook it yet though. Can't bake because I have no flour, though some chocolate would really hit the spot right now.

Which reminds me of something funny that happened last night. Hubby came home from work and after changing out of his uniform, was standing in the kitchen and looked at me and said "you're about to start." Well I already knew this, but I said, "how do you know this?" (I don't think I've mentioned before, but he's VERY in tune to my cycle and notices if I'm a day or two late) He says "Because I was craving chocolate today. I downed two Hershey bars and an Almond Joy." Well when I finished laughing till my sides hurt, I said "Well that must have been because there was no chocolate in the house for ME to eat!" Now, this was so funny because hubby almost never eats chocolate, he's just not very fond of sweets in general, unless it's cheesecake. So the fact that he ate three chocolate bars in one day was astounding. Then, not long after dinner as we were watching tv he came out of the kitchen with a plate full of cheese and crackers, looked at me and said "You gave me the munchies." This as I am laying on the couch with the start of a migraine! I didn't even HAVE the munchies lol. All I can say is it's a good thing I can't get pregnant, because if I did, he'd be one of those men who has every symptom right along with me lol.

Well, on that note, I am going to get off here now and at least vacuum the floors. Hope ya'll have a great day!

1 comment(s):

  • *hugs* Hope you feel better! Migraines always make me feel crappy for a few days.
    lol @ hubby and the chocolate.


    By Blogger Unknown, at 7:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home