Track referers to your site with referer.org free referrer feed.

Marvie's Crochet Corner

Saturday, December 11, 2004

Arabesque Stitch

Ok, as promised, here is the instructions for the Arabesque stitch. I can't remember what book I got it out of, but since stitches aren't copyrighted I should be ok.

Make a foundation chain in multiples of 4 plus one, plus two turning chain.
(for the scarf I did 4X8+1+2=35 ch

Row 1- Starting in third ch from hook *work (1 dc, ch 1, 1 dc) in next st. Skip one st. 1 sc, skip 1 st* ending with 1 dc, ch 1, 1 dc into last stich. Ch 2, turn

Row 2 and all following rows - 1 sc in each ch 1 space, in ea sc work 1 dc, ch1, 1 dc across, Ch 2 turn. (I continued till the scarf was 5" long)

I love the texture of this stitch, I think I'm going to make another scarf with it and work it lengthwise instead of across. I've already planned to make a matching headband to go with the scarf I finished last night. It's a simple, mindless stitch you can do while watching tv or chatting with friends. I worked on it on the bus while talking with people and never even had to frog (and usually I do if I'm running my mouth and not paying attention!) I'd love to try it in a blanket. I can think of many uses for this stitch, I think it just may become one of my new favorites =)

Hope ya'll enjoy working with it!

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment

<< Home