Yay Monday
I have to enjoy my quiet day today. It's going to be a school function filled week for me. Tomorrow night the kid has a play, Wednesday is the field trip, to see a play and go to the Christmas Market, Friday is the class Holiday party, and then school is out for the holidays. So today and Thursday will be my last two quiet days for a couple of weeks. Oh, and hubby gets a week off work too sometime during the off school time.I was thinking, since the kid doesn't believe in Santa anymore, maybe we should just do the present thing Saturday morning, that way he has somethin to keep him busy the whole holiday. I don't think hubby would go for it though unfortunately. If I thought he would I'd suggest it lol. As it is, the best I can really hope for is Christmas Eve. I can use the tactic that if we do it then, we don't have to get up early Christmas morning. That will be a hit. Hubby has never liked having to get up on Christmas morning. He does it without complaint, but I know he doesn't much like it lol. He likes to sleep in any chance he gets. So this could work.
I didn't do a whole lot over the weekend. Picked up two more sweaters at the thrift shop for the yarn. Got one dismantaled and mostly rolled. They're both pink, one is a muted pink varigated nubby type yarn and the other is brighter pink cotton yarn with flecks in it. Both appear to be handmade once again. This seems to be a trend lol. I guess the local knitters are making room in their closets ;) Keep it up ladies, I need the yarn lmao.
I started a pair of mittens to go with the Arabesque stitch scarf, my first whole mittens. I had planned to make them flip top actually, but got so into the movie we were watching I forgot to put in the buttonhole and by the time I realized it I was already at the part where I would have put the flip, so they became whole mittens. Well I only have one comeplete at this point. Working on the mate today. Want to see a bad pic of the finished one?
I also worked on these...
It's blurry, sorry for that, I took six pics and every last one was blurry. So that's what you get :P I emailed the designer of the chapstick cover pattern and asked for permission to sell them, still waiting to hear back. I won't make any more till I hear from her, that way if she doesn't get back to me, these can just be gifts for next year lol. I hope she does though. In the meantime I think I may try to figure out some other way to make them, sufficiently different as to not be an exact copy of her pattern. So far I haven't thought of anything though. There's only so much you can do with such a small item. At least for me with my no thread experience. If anyone has any ideas I'd be happy to hear them!
No more progress on the FFF scarf. I'll work on that a while when I get tired of sc on the mitten. I don't know why sc bores me so much, but it does lol.
Well, guess that's it for right now. I hope ya'll had a great weekend =) Here's hoping for a great week too!






0 comment(s):
Post a Comment
<< Home