Track referers to your site with referer.org free referrer feed.

Marvie's Crochet Corner

Wednesday, December 15, 2004

It's the day!

It is 6:30 am and I am not only up (which is unusual enough) but am about to have to get dressed for the day. Today is the big day. I call it a field trip, the school calls it a study trip. It's still something I am (mostly) looking forward to. The only part I really dread is the whole no smoking thing. Might not be so bad back home where smoking is all but illegal already. Over here though, lots of people still smoke, and EVERYWHERE. I'm one of those smokers who gets mad when I see someone else smoking when I can't. It doesn't make a bit of sense, it's not the other person's fault and I know this. I'm not mad at the person, just pissed that *I* can't smoke too dammit. They smoke in the mall (they also serve wine and beer there and you are allowed to bring your dog shopping with you) they don't have a smoking section in resturants, there's an ashtray on every table. There are cigarette machines on just about every corner. It's kinda nice not to be made to feel like a leper. Soooo that's the only thing I really dread.

Granted I am not all that great with kids, especially a lot of kids at once, but I can behave myself for a few hours. Maybe I shoulda got me one of them patches *g* Oh well, I'm takin my ciggies anyway, maybe I'll get a chance to sneak a puff or two at some point.

Hubby told me I can take 60 Euro with me, plus I already have 20 Euro in my purse, so that covers lunch and some fun shopping =)

Oh and it's freakin COLD outside, so I gotta go dig out my long coat and pray it still fits. It's actually a man's coat, bought it at a garage sale last year when we were at my MIL's visiting. It's black and white tweed, wool, so it's warm, and comes right down past my knees. I need that, my legs turn to popsicles when I'm outside in jeans for more than about 2 secs.

Which reminds me, we got the yearly nice fat check from hubby's parents and he asked me what I wanted for Christmas and I told him I want target="_blank">These Jeans So as soooooon as he puts the check in the bank, Marvie is ordering her some! What with having to stand at the bus stop, walking around base and all, I am freezing every time I go out. The cold gets into my nack and really hurts too. So I can't wait to order them =) Hopefully tonight! Pretty freakin awesome huh? Now, you already know what a tightwad I am so the fact that I am willing to spend $49.00 on a pair of JEANS tells you just how freakin cold I am and how much I feel I NEED these jeans. Normally I buy my britches (yes I call them that) at Wal-Mart, or better yet, the thrift shop. I never ever buy name brand stuff, unless it's at the thrift shop. This is a huge step for me lol.

Well I have to run, time to get dressed, the kid is up and already runnin his mouth, he's very excited lol. Hope ya'll sleep well =)

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment

<< Home