Track referers to your site with referer.org free referrer feed.

Marvie's Crochet Corner

Monday, December 27, 2004

Just call me Nurse Marvie

It wasn't enough that hubby got sick, now the kidlet has it too! I let him spend the night at his friend's house and he started throwing up in the middle of the night. I feel SO horrible. First because now that family will probably end up with this horrid stuff, but also because wehn the mom tried to get ahold of us she couldn't. Hubby slept on the couch because he's still up and down all night and restlessly wimpering from the pain and misery but he didn't hear the phone ring any of the times she called. I woke up about 5 this morning with a cramp in my stomach, not nausea cramps like hubby and kiddo have, and not really like a period cramp either though it was in the area of my right ovary and traveled around my back like period cramps do. I couldn't go back to sleep right away so I took a hot bath and some tylenol, had a smoke then went back to bed. Maybe I was feeling the kiddo's pain and just didn't know it at the time.

I'll be heading to the store in a bit to stock up on sick people stuff, broth, soups, oj (hubby was craving warm oj last night *ick*) gatorade, crackers, and whatever I can find on the drug row for upset tummy issues. Hubby and son both refuse the pink stuff, but I'm going to get some anyway in case I get the mess.

In crochet news, still working on scarves, also started another pair of socks from the RH Tweed my Secret Pal sent me. For RH yarn that stuff is soft! I'm doing the toe area differently this time and like the way it's coming out. Following Sampler Lady's advice on Crochetville, rather than starting off like I do with mittens, I did a ch 13, sc in 2nd ch and across (12 sc), then instead of turning I went back across the unworked loops of the chain, then started going around (24 sc in all), making 2 inc. at each side till I had 34 stitches (which is how many I have found fits my foot width) then just kept going around to the heel part. Which is as far as I've gotten on the first sock. I really love making socks, they're useful for one, but they just work up so quickly. It's very satisfying.

Well, that's all my news for today. Gotta get ready for the trip to the store. Thank the Goddess that my neighbor was planning to go up there today so I can ride with him instead of walking in the snow/rain mess! I just pray I don't spread germies!

Have a great day ya'll!

2 comment(s):

  • Aww wHope they feel better and that you don't get it! Sucks to be sick!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 6:34 AM  

  • Hope everyone gets to feeling better real soon! Remember to take care of YOURSELF, too. (Hugs)
    Your Secret Pal


    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home