The kids got their wish
It snowed overnight and is still snowing this morning. They are all out there with sleds and disks having the time of their little lives. I checked weather.com and it looks like snow off and on for the next week or so. So there will probably be a rash of winter colds before school starts back again next year, but the kids will have had fun catching said colds lol. I'm ready with hot chocolate and lots of different hot teas to warm the little man up when he... if he comes inside.I DID IT! I finally finished the FFF scarf. The third try was the charm. I was sitting here yesterday picking out my first and second attempts at it and talking to hubby about it when I remembered I had a very thin yellow baby yarn in my stash so after I picked out both previous attempts I grabbed the baby yarn and went to town on it. It went SO much faster and easier. Turned out very well too. I forgot to take a pic before I gave it to my friend though so I'll have to get one later.
The reason I was able to give it to her as soon as I finished it is because we watched her two babies yesterday while they went shopping to stock their pantry and fridge. They finally got their housing and moved out of the hotel, and for those of you who don't know, when you move over here they don't let you keep ANY food items, not even canned goods and such. So you have to buy everything from spices to perishables. SO I had a 14 month old and a 4 month old most of yesterday afternoon. I got my baby fix lol. It was only because hubby was here that I was able to crochet with the babies around, I swear I don't know how the mommy does it! Just a few hours and I was exausted and I had hubby helping the whole time!
OH! I placed an order with KnittingWarehouse.com =) I'm so excited! I didn't end up winning the 75 skeins on ebay so I went to knitting warehouse and spent the rest of my christmas money. I got a ball winder (YAY!) and 8 skeins of yarn, doesn't sound like much, but I did get the Super Saver skeins so it'll make plenty of hats and scarves and such. Three of them were balls of fun fur, the rest were regular yarn. Plus with the nice yarns I got from the ebay store... my stash will be nicely enhanced =) I've also been told by a couple of Elves that some yarn is on it's way. I'm going to be in yarn heaven hehehe.
I've seen several project ideas that have peaked my interest too so when I have the yarns I can really have some fun =)
I think today I will get started on the Lizzy hat for my other friend, want to get that finished so I can mail it off to her soon.
Well, I guess that's all for today... can't think of anything else at the moment anyway. Hope you all have a wonderful Sunday!






1 comment(s):
Hope you had a good day Marvie!!
By
Deneen, at
10:07 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home