Track referers to your site with referer.org free referrer feed.

Marvie's Crochet Corner

Tuesday, December 21, 2004

I had to use Hello to post the picture that my son's tutor painted me because ImageShack wouldn't load for some reason. I thought all that would straighten out now that Mercury is no longer Retrograde... Pretty cool painting though huh? I'm going to have a frame made for it at our base Frame Shop. I love that she recycled cardboard for the painting! She says she paints on found objects mostly. It's an oil painting, and she said that this is how she sees me. I'm very touched =) It's sitting beside my monitor now. Once I have it framed I think I'll hang it here over my little desk (ok so it's not a real desk, but still lol.)

I started working on a scarf last night from one of the balls of yarn an elf sent me. I couldn't decide which to work with first so I laid it all out on the couch, closed my eyes and had hubby mix them up, then I picked one at random. There's no lable on it so I don't know what it's content is or what the color is called, it feels like a wool/acrylic blend though and it's a purple color, there was a surprise though, there's a sheen to the fuzz and after several inches, the color of the sheen changed! It goes from purple to blue to green to orange and back again. The background color stays the same, it's just the sheen that changes... it's wonderful! I'll try to get a pic of it today, the sun is out, but I don't know if a picture will show it very well. I'll try though. It's a pretty hefty ball so I should be able to make a nice long scarf and fringe it, and I think there just *might* be enough left for something small....like an earwarmer maybe? We'll see once I get more of the scarf done, but so far it's about a foot long and the ball seems like it hasn't been touched. I doubt there will be enough for a hat, but if there is, you can bet I'll make one lol.

We spent most of yesterday re-arranging. The kiddo wanted his room changed around so we did that, and he decided he no longer wanted the rug in his room so we took that out and it is now in here where the computers are. Which meant we pretty much had to disassemble this room, and since the furniture was shoved around we went ahead and got rid of the jackalope dustbunnies, dusted places we can't usually reach and organized things a bit better. Having the rug in here is nice, keeps my feet from getting so cold, and it keeps the litter (box is right behind my chair) from being tracked all over the place. Only downside is that now our chairs don't roll very well lol. I'll accept that though if it keeps the litter out from under my feet.

I wonder if hubby will get to come home early again today? Wonder if there will be any goodies in the mail? I so hope my jeans arrive soon! I want my yarn to hurry up and get here too, but I think I'll have to be patient on that. I'm trying. I should be content with all the yummy yarns the elves sent me shouldn't I? I can't help but be impatient for all the rest to arrive though. I really want the yarn winder to hurry lol I have a bag of sweaters just waiting to be frogged and balled! Patience is not my strong suit lol.

I got an email from one of my friends back home and she's giving me yarn for christmas *g* She asked me if there was anything from home that couldn't be gotten here, and since my wish for Nip had already been granted... and one can never have enough yarn...I said yarn of course! So she went to Wal-Mart and stocked me up on varigated yarns. This from a total non-fiber gal. Gotta love that lol. She also said something about a yarn holder, and since she's not a fiber kinda person I'm not sure if she means a bag or something else. All I know is it's got a rooster on it... but hey, if it holds yarn, I can sure use it! More to look forward to in the mail =))

OH! I received an email from one of the ladies my son's tutor goes to church with and she is going to want me to make her some hats after the holidays! I'm very excited about that =)

Hubby sat down last night and started designing my business cards too. I think those will be done later today. There are just enough to start with, if they get used I'll have to buy more cards to print, hopefully the store on base carries them. I found some clipart of a kitty playing with yarn to go on them and they will have the url for my photo gallery, along with my name and email addy. Nothing super fancy, but attractive and businesslike.

Mmmm well my tunny is talkin' to me, it's saying coffee isn't enough this morning and I should probably feed it ;) So I'm going to close for now... ya'll have a great day!

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment

<< Home