Crossin my fingers
Possibility of VERY good news soon. Hubby came home from work tonight and told me that his WHOLE command is 100% in support of terminating his shore duty and shippin us HOME! He has to get in touch with the detailer (job assigner I guess you'd call him) and find out the regs for terminating this early, but if Mr. Detailer dude gives a "yes" then we're goin home *happy dance*I so miss America. I wanna be home so damn bad.
Course, it'll mean hubby will have to go back to sea, but hell I'm so used to that. It'll also mean we'll have bills again. Good thing we've paid everything up and off, we'll be in a good position when we go back.
I'll get my Tigger toes back. I miss my fat ass cat. Wanna see him?
He was a baby then and not so fat, now he'd fill that box. That's Tux's older (by an hour) brother. He was born in my bed (followed by four more) in March of 2000. Tigger lives with my friend in VA right now and we all miss him so very much.
Other things I miss.... Hamburgers, good ones, not freakin Burger King, I want El Azteca margaritas (big honkin strong things they are) and the super yummy white cheese dippy stuff. WAL-MART. Craft stores that actually carry craft STUFF. Signs I can read. Watching Charmed, Stargate SG-1, Trading Spaces, The West Wing, ER, Gilmore Girls.... Gods it's been so long I can't remember what else we watched.
OK so it's only been almost a year. That's a damn long time to be without that stuff.
The ability to get in my (hubby's) car and go wherever the hell I wanted (as long as I was careful not to get pulled over driving on a suspended license ;) )
Being able to get the things kiddo's school projects called for. He's got a science project due Monday. He needs a 4mm thick by 8 CM sq. piece of wood, an empty thread spool a 1 mm drill bit (and of course every dad has a drill I guess) and a balloon.
Our base CX (grocery store/clothing/household goods) does not carry any of the aforementioned items except MAYBE the baloons. I have a spool Of thread, but it's brand freakin new.
We don't have a car here. We are not the only ones either, anyone who has just arrived in country is in the same shoes (ours has just gone on for a very long ass time) and we can't get this stuff on this base, teacher informed the kids it can be gotten at the other base, oh, and not the one hubby works at, but the one that it would take me three hours of waiting and riding a bus just to GET to, only to have to turn around and do it all over again for a freakin 3 inch piece of wood?!?!?! Not worth 7 hours of my freakin time ok? I love my kid with all my heart and I want him to do well in school but this BLOWS.
Yeah, I wanna go home. Now dammit. Right now. Ok wait... not till all my packages have arrived. I still have a few on the way. But once they get here, I'm ready. Let's go baby!
Yeah, I think it's time to have a little chat with the Gods, drag out my books and put together a little spell to help matters along.
K I gotta go figure out what other color I wanna use on this S.P. (secret project) and no I won't ttell so don't even ask ;P
Have a great night ya'll!






4 comment(s):
Sending ya positive energy.
By
Unknown, at
5:52 PM
By
Marvie, at
6:36 PM
By
Deneen, at
8:50 PM
By
Lynlee, at
12:51 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home