Track referers to your site with referer.org free referrer feed.

Marvie's Crochet Corner

Wednesday, January 12, 2005

What a great day =)

Well the day is over, all is quiet, not a creature is stirring... except mama mouse *g*

I'm sitting here with a glass of wine, having just read all the lovely bday wishes left here and at Crochetville, my inboxes were filled with ecards. I feel very loved. Ya'll have done so much more for me than you really know, not just today, though today was pretty awesome. I get pretty lonely way over here, but thanks to this wonderful thing we call the internet, I don't feel cut off. I've made some wonderful new friends and can keep up with old friends.

So many people just don't understand how "strangers" can mean so much to us. I gave up trying to explain it several years ago. Those who just don't get it, frankly probably never will.

As well as all of ya'll, I have friends in Australia, South Africa, all over the US and Europe. I've met a few of them in person, talked to a few more on the phone. I know their kids names, what sports they're in, how much they grew this past year. I hear their good news and their bad news, and they hear mine. We send each other Christmas cards, pictures of our kids every chool year....

Frankly I have more contact with my internet friends than I do with the family I was born into. I didn't get a single happy birthday wish from them. Would have been nice, but I'm kinda used to it after all this time. My inlaws sent me a card and an ecard, so did my cousin-in-law. =) Nearly every single person I know online sent me some sort of bday greeting. That says a lot to me =) None of those people have to love me, but in some way, I mean something to them all. That feels pretty damned special =)

Does it hurt that my family didn't care enough? A little, yes. But the love that was shown me today more than makes up for it in my mind. I have been blessed by all the wonderful people who are a part of my life =)

So, enough sappiness =) Wanna hear about my day? It wasn't really much different from other days. Except that I left the house ;) I did pretty much what I usually do when I leave here lol. Had lunch with hubby. We went to the little German place right off base, I have no idea what it's really named, but everyone calls it The Dog House. It's called this because they have a big ol' yard out back and they have dog shows/training deals there when the weather permits. They serve excellent home cooked food. Today we had Salat, Lasagna, cappuccino, and desert was apfel (apple) strudle mit (with) vanille eis (ice) cream with Schlagsahne (whipped cream) on the side. YUMMY =) I doubt the ice cream was homemade, but all the rest was =) The ice cream was still pretty damned good, rivals Blue Bell (for the Texans who read this) any day.

After a slow lunch, slow not bc of the service, but bc they don't rush you off the tables like most american resturants do... we wandered around base, hit up the craft store where hubby got me some more of that wiggles fun fur (Fancy Fur) and some things I needed to finish up one of my secret pal gifts. We also went to the thrift shop, where I picked up a full skein of baby yarn for a quarter, and found something for one of the RAOK lists, and a really cool tea pot. It's bright red (probably the only red thing we own because hubby hates red lol) metal and looks to be very old, the lady there said she thought it might be English when she looked at the bottom. I also think if she'd seen it first it wouldn't have come home with me lmao. Hah, it's my bday ;) It was meant to come live with my collection *g*

After all that I rode the bus home, lucked out there because the driver stopped at a spot he doesn't often stop at, so I was able to get off and only had to walk half as far to get home as usual =)

When hubby got home, he ordered pizza (which was what I wanted for dinner lol) and installed the new whatchacallit in my puter (it's now noticably faster at opening stuff than it was before) we watched a couple of movies, I got kid snuggles for a minute (he isn't much into that now that he's a big boy lol) and then everyone went to bed.

The only real downside to my day was mama nature gave me my girl thing for my birthday LOL. Wouldn't be so bad except the first day or two are always the worst. Mine doesn't creep, it comes with a vengance lmao. But with lots of tylenol, a couple of hot baths, and a couple of glasses of wine, I've kept the cramps to a minimum *g* and I just took a muscle relaxer too ;)

So all in all I had a really great day =) Thanks again to you all! Each one of you has touched my heart =) Good night =)

4 comment(s):

  • Glad you had a great bday. I so know what you mean about families not recognizing your bday mine hasnt for years and years. But at least ya got all us lovin ya!
    Have a glass o' wine for me.


    By Blogger Unknown, at 6:27 PM  

  • Belated Birthday Wishes! I've been playing catch-up with everything bloggy. Glad to hear you had such a nice b-day! I'm glad we've met each other through Crochetville! Take care, ~ Lori from Home Burrough

    P.S. I believe there is a service called Haloscan that allows non-Bogger users to post comments without having to be anonymous.


    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:58 AM  

  • Glad you had a great b'day, even if Mother Nature paid you a visit (she paid me one too--maybe that's why we get along, same cycle and all). Anyway, about the family b'day thing. My grandmother, who passed away 15 years ago, called me every year on my b'day and sung to me. Now, my aunts and mother (3 in total do it). God bless 'em. I really don't like my b'day much. Makes me a little depressed and would rather be ignored. Fortunately, my husband's family does ignore it (which actually irks me)LOL.

    Smooches


    By Blogger Deneen, at 12:20 PM  

  • Sorry I missed your birthday. May your whole year be fabulous. Regarding your family's disregard: we talk about "chosen family" in my community and have learned that we can make family beyond biology. Sounds like you're doing that on the Net from across the Big Pond!

    By Blogger Sage, at 2:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home