My son is the best!
I woke up this morning and found a hand written birthday note (card?) from him. I tried to scan it because I wanted ya'll to see it but it didn't scan well, so I'll type it in, even though you don't get the full cuteness factor of the messy ten year old writing *g* On a sheet of notebook paper turned sideways I read:HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM
Roses are red
Violets are Blue
Nobody in the world is as nice as you!
XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO
Brought tears to my just opened eyes I tell ya =)
So what have I been up to? Not a whole lot really. I went to the other base yesterday with the intention of mailing some stuff but never made it to the post office before I had to leave so I could be home when the kid got here. I did do some shopping though. I found some yummy smelling bath gel and got some stuff to do myself a badly needed pedicure. I found TWO whole magazines, both with crochet patterns in them. I got Country Afghans 2005 which has a few in it I may want to try. Then I found Family Circle Easy Knitting which has some crochet patterns in it, a few bags, a sweater, couple of ponchos. A couple of the knit patterns are just cute as hell too and I may someday have to see if I can crochet something like it.
I also went to the craft shop on base.... looked like they were changing things around while they wait for a shipment because they didn't have much and it was all different in there. I did grab one ball of Fancy fur.... which looks like a combo of fun fur and that wiggles yarn. Also grabbed a couple of balls of cotton so I can start my MIL's next gift, which is going to be dishcloths, scrubbies, towels and such for her kitchen.
I think I'll head back over to the base today so I can go ahead and mail that stuff, maybe hubby'll take me to lunch for my bday ;)
Thank you all for the birthday wishes =) I found a note here from Natalie and more wishes on Crochetville and a couple in my email box when I woke up this morning. Ya'll gave me my second smile of the day! Ya'll are so sweet and wonderful, and I count myself lucky to have you all as my new friends! You're the best!
Have a great day!






8 comment(s):
By
Unknown, at
6:16 AM
By
noricum, at
8:14 AM
By
Anonymous, at
9:29 AM
Hope you have a great great day and are treated like the goddess that you are!! {{hugs}}
~ DAWN
By
DAWN, at
9:35 AM
I hope it is a terrific day because you really are a terrific person! Enjoy your special day and I celebrate you and your wonderful personality on this your BIRTHDAY!!!!
By
Heather, at
3:21 PM
By
Deneen, at
3:23 PM
By
Marvie, at
5:59 PM
By
Lynlee, at
7:12 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home