Track referers to your site with referer.org free referrer feed.

Marvie's Crochet Corner

Sunday, January 16, 2005

New stuff....

This was my last b-day present. I've been eyeballin' this baby since the very first time we ever went into our thrift shop down the street. The price was a bit much for me though, they wanted $95.00 for it. It's worth it, it's an antique, in very good condition, you almost never find these with the backs still attached at all. It's got a few places where the wicker needs to be fixed, and the fabric on the back is torn, but all in all the damn thing is in great shape. Well, yesterday I said something to hubby about if they ever marked it down I wanted it. He got the lady to come back and she gave it to us for HALF price! It's already half full of yarn *g* Though once that yarn gets wound there will be more space heheheh.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

This one was my first bedding basket, got it for a steal too at a bazzarr for $30.00 heheheh. It's also holding yarn. I have it's little sister too, just slightly smaller with different colored handles and fabric. She also hold yarn. *g* And yes, the big ass wicker trunk still has that boatload of wound balls in it. None of them are full, but I had to make sure they had somethin in 'em so hubby'd not wanna store 'em in the attic lol.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Then there's this...

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

We spent all of ysterday, and the night before, moving everything in our living room to make room for this monster. It's a shrunk, at least that's how it's pronounced lol. Takes up the entire back wall of our LR. Neighbor gave it to us... yes gave. Hubby ended up making him take 30 Euro for it though cuz hubby felt bad lol. Even 30 Euro is a damn good price for that! It's solid oak. Has a bar in it (though that's my alter now *g*) each section lights up (but one section has a short in it that hubby will have to fix) LOTS of drawers (for hubby's movies) and cabinets (for our books) and shelves.... for my teapots! I'm shocked that we fit this thing in our little space without giving up something big. We did give up the big black bookshelf, but it was barely holding together anyway. A couple of small things went to the attic, but that's it. We somehow made it all fit and for some damn reason the room feels BIGGER now lol.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Goofball found himself a cool place to watch the proceedings:

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

I still have a few things to put away, but it's pretty much done, and my gods was I hurting last night. I didn't even carry any of it. I did take all the books n stuff off the old black shelf, and then put everything onto the new shrunk though. My back just does not like all that bending and lifting of books lol.

Found a couple of things that I can gift, which was a pretty cool added benefit =)

Which reminds me. I never got anything mailed last week, even though I went to the other base twice for just that purpose lol. I have a LOT to mail Tuesday. Hubby offered to do it for me, but there's so much of it I'm afraid he wouldn't be able to keep it all straight. I have like 7 boxes lol. Well 5 boxes and two envelopes *g* ooops! But it'll get that one corner of my room emptied out *g*

Well I'm gonna get off here and finish putting my house back together =) Just had to share my new stuff with ya'll! Have a great day!

3 comment(s):

  • HEY Great finds I love that shrunk? hehe funny name

    I love it though.

    Oh btw hubby told me to buy the heads so I did. woohoo


    By Blogger Unknown, at 6:13 AM  

  • Actually, it's a Schrank. (Schrank = cupboard) But yeah, rather funny given it's size. ;)

    By Blogger noricum, at 11:30 AM  

  • Wow, Guten Tag.

    I am also a army wife, and we just came from Darmstadt, Germany. We are now in GA. I recently started a site for crocheters and knitters. It is a place to get together, swap patterns, show off work and make friends. I would love to get to know more about you and learn from your expertise. I am stil fairly new in the craft. Here is the website: http://www.aimoo.com/forum/freeboard.cfm?id=636836&NoCaches=Yes
    My name is Leah, and I look forward to hearing from you.


    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home