Track referers to your site with referer.org free referrer feed.

Marvie's Crochet Corner

Friday, January 21, 2005

What a morning!

I got something really neat this morning... Crochet Cursors It'll probably drive my hubby nuts when he uses my computer, but I like 'em *g*

My cat's a freakin nut ya'll. Last week I made a little dishcloth, it was my first one, a test run for the ones I plan to make up for my MIL for the Gift-Along. Made it out of plain old sugarn cream cotton... not catnip yarn or anything, but my damn cat can't seem to leave it alone! He has stolen it no less than 4 times... the last time he took it OUT of the laundry basket. It's dirty, we've been using it, that's why it was IN the laundry basket. He really likes it though. The first time, he stole it right off the table where I'd set it down after finishing it. Then he stole it out of the kitchen a couple of times, now the laundry basket. I don't know what's so fun about a small square of cotton.... but he loves the thing lmao.

Oh goody, coffee's done, be right back... 'k back now.

I woke up this morning, checked my inboxes... and discovered I'd screwed up. I had a wrong name with one of the addresses on the RAOK list. Thankfully only one person had requested the address and she hadn't used it yet, so the screw up was caught in time. I don't know how I managed it, other than the simple fact of not paying attention to what I was pasting where.

As I was sitting outside a few minutes ago I got hailed on... or maybe it was sleet, I never can remember the difference. It looked like someone flew over us with a beanbag chair that had a slit in it's side... little bitty balls of white were flying down for about 5 minutes. I swear, it looked like someone had slit a beanbag open. Anyone who's owned a beanbag chair knows what I'm talkin' about lol.

I started a project yesterday, using that RH Symphony yarn I just got in the mail. I'm hoping there will be enough, I'm making a hooded scarf. I have one that I got last year at a flea market in Virginia and I love it. I've been wanting to make one similar ever since I got it, and this lovely soft blue yarn told me that's what it wants to be. You'll be able to see it in a minute.. what's been done so far anyway, when I post the pic of the RAOK gift I got yesterday.

Speaking of my RAOK gift... I posted my Thank You over at Crochetville last night, so ya'll might have seen it already, but here it is again =) The sweetest Fairy Godmother sent me this yarn cutter:

(as always, when the pic has the black band at the bottom you can click to enlarge)

Yup, that's my soon-to-be River Blue hooded scarf that the cutter is laying on. The picture shows the color pretty well, though the mohair look isn't showing. This stuff is SOFT. It's also totally UN-froggable so I am using a very simple hdc stitch, no counting or paying attention required. I've spent quite a bit of time picking "hairs" off my tongue from this yarn... it sheds. So apparently you shouldn't talk, sneeze, cough, or do anything that requires your mouth to open while working with this stuff lol. I really like the way it's working up though. Oh, and my TOTC hook really likes it too *g*

I'll be able to send out my hat swap hat soon, the yarn for that came =) No pics, sorry *g* you'll just have to wait and see the hat once she gets it =)

I've made up an HTML Cheat sheet, it started out as my own little cheat sheet, but I've had a couple of requests for help with blog stuff (like I really know what I'm doing here *g*) so I made my cheat sheet easier for other people to read, and have it available for anyone who would like it, just shoot me an email and I can send it as an attachment. I'd love it if one of you HTML Goddesses would take a look at it and see if there's anything I got wrong or things you think I should add. So far it's just got things that I have run across that I need to use occasionally. I also threw in some links to tutorials and things. So if one of ya'll has the time and inclination, I'd be really grateful =)

I'm working on getting hubby to let me fly home for a visit when we get our income tax refund. We don't know what's going to happen with his shore duty termination, though I am still hopeful and if necessary I can do spells to help it along. Either way, I really would like to go home for a little while. Next month we'll have been here a year. I kinda need a break. Get away for a few days. I miss my friends and would love to see them. I could shop *g* do some of the things I've been missing so bad for the past year. Yeah, I wanna go home, even if just for a visit. That might make it easier to handle if we end up stuck here for another two years.

Not sure how the kid would like it, he'd have to stay here lol. Tough cookies though. Mama needs to get away. I'd get someone to look after him from the time he gets out of school till hubby gets home from work. Be good for the two of them to spend some time together without me to run interfearance(sp) anyway. They kinda clash, opposite personalities and whatnot, but I know they can survive a week or so on their own lol.

The more I think about it, the more I want it lol. I guess I should put it out of my mind at least till we get our taxes done. We still have to wait for some paperwork from hubby's mom. She handles one of his investments and we can't do our taxes till we get the stuff from her. Though usually we have it all done and money back by mid-Feb. so that's not all that far off. Then there's the fact that hubby hasn't actually agreed yet. I planted the seed, will let it germinate for a while =)

Well, I guess I should get off here and do some stuff. It's Friday and I haven't done crap around here all week. I could at least do the floors and maybe dust or something lol. Other than my clutter spots, we keep our house pretty clean between the two of us so mostly it's just maintaining. Hubby is super good about helping out, but even after all this time, I still feel guilty as hell when he does. Like I'm not doing *my* job. He does absolutely nothing to make me feel that way, it's all me. Certain things he does I have no guilt about... bathrooms, laundry, dishes. Those are "his" things. Always have been. They are my most detested chores for one, I've said it before, I'd rather shovel horse crap in a 120 degree barn all day long than do those three chores. Given the choice, and I have been on occasion when I lived in AZ, I ALWAYS chose the horse chores over those lol. It's the other housework that I feel guilt over when he does them. So, to prevent myself from feeling guilty this weekend, I best get my tail off this computer for a little while, and get them done lol. It's not like it takes long, this house is so damn small that I can clean it from top to bottom in a few hours. I don't need to do that though, just a few quick chores. Yeah, can you tell I'm trying to talk myself into it lol.

Hope ya'll have a good day!

5 comment(s):

  • *ears perk up* Hat? My hat? I wanna seeeee!!!!!!!

    hehe
    Sounds like you need to make your kitty a cloth.


    By Blogger Unknown, at 7:09 AM  

  • Nope, it's a secret. You'll see it when it gets there *g* but trust me, you'll Love it =) Besides, this way you have something to look forward too heheh

    By Blogger Marvie, at 7:23 AM  

  • If you want to make your cat a very happy kitty, make him a little cloth (or give him that one LOL since he likes it), and if you can find valerian where you are, seal the cloth up in a bag with some valerian for a week or two. Cats love that stuff, even better than catnip--even my kitty Lena who doesn't have any use for catnip will get all crazy on that stuff. I usually keep a little bag of it and put their little toy mice in it or little rags or whatever is handy.

    If you're still looking for folks to look over your cheat sheet I'd be happy to look at it :) My email is yarnification at daisywreath dot net...


    By Blogger Daisy, at 1:25 PM  

  • Bloggerific! Ha ha. Anyhow, liked What a morning! and thought a stranger could say hi here. Found u and ur site when searching for authentic love spells fyi. Cool stuff here, thanx Marvie.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:22 PM  

  • Hey "Marvie", just found your site on a search for love spells. Read a few posts, so thought I'd say hi and thanks! :)

    Me. -- "I tried these love spells that really work and got my boyfriend back!"


    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home