Track referers to your site with referer.org free referrer feed.

Marvie's Crochet Corner

Monday, January 24, 2005

Mornin ya'll

Well, we got snowed on overnight. Just a couple of inches, but they delayed school and work for two hours. Surprised me, I haven't looked it up but I'm assuming the roads must have been pretty bad.

The kiddo has a new scheme for earning money... I made him shovel our sidewalk this morning, paid him a dollar for it though *g* which made him stop and think... if he could get every apartment to pay him a dollar, he'd do the whole sidewalk in front of our building, earn himself nearly $20 for shoveling and tossing out some salt. So he came inside and made up a flyer which he's going to put on the bulletin boards after school. We'll see how it goes. I encourage any thoughts/ideas he has like that. It's good for him ;)

As for me, I've spun both the purple and the rainbow fluff. The purple is nearly dry so I should be able to put it to use tomorrow *g*

Right now, I'm working on my hooded scarf. I finished the scarf part, now I'm doing the hood. Hope to finish that today, get it attached and will post pics later if I finish.

Which reminds me... I'd like to put a pattern page on my photo gallery site... but I haven't a clue how to go about adding other pages to it. I've got plenty of space to do it, just don't know what to do. If anyone could give me a clue ot three I'd sure appreciate it. I've got several patterns I've come up with and I'd like to share them... figure the website would be better than a blog entry. Then I can just link to it from here. I have a template for that site and once I tried to create another page on the site, but I did something wrong and lost my home page... Very frustrating it was. So if anyone feels like giving me a hand, I'd love ya forever *g*

Hmmm what else? OH! I finished Kari's hat *g* Goddess it's cute! I'll get hubby to mail it as soon as he can (financial issues atm due to a pay pal screw up when he paid for that new computer... somehow he double paid so we're more than broke till it gets fixed lol) Kari, I really wanted to put a flower on this hat... but I just don't have a yarn I like to go with it.... then I thought a pin or something... but I haven't found anything I like yet. So it's a bit plainer than I wanted it to be.... but it's still cute as hell *g* Maybe you have something to add to it for that extra little touch. Now I'm going to have to make myself one, because if I haven't said it already, this hat is freakin *cute* Even hubby said so... and he's seen so many crocheted hats he's pretty immune lol.

Mmm yeah, and speaking of the hubby. He's been in some pain for about a week now. At first he thought he'd strained something moving our schrank, then it got worse and we started thinking he'd bruised or broken his tailbone. He was pretty miserable all weekend, sitting hurt pretty badly. Frankly, he couldn't sit much. So he went to medical first thing this morning. Good news? It's not a broken tailbone. He's got a cyst. Doc drained it (eeeeww) gave him some "vitamin M" (hubby's words, he means motrin) and antibiotics, told him to put hot compresses on it and if it doesn't get better, they'll have to go in and take it out. Guess who gets to help hubby with the compresses and *slight shudder* draining?? Yup you guessed it, moi. That's what wives are for though I guess. If I had a cyst on my tailbone I'd make him help lol. Fair's only fair. I feel so bad for him... poor man. He's really been uncomfortable, I hope the drugs help... quick. I adore my hubby... but he's got a hairy hiney lmao. I really don't wanna spend too much time back there if ya know what I mean. (Gods he'll kill me if he finds out I just posted all that for the world to read roflmao)

So now, to get *that* visual out of your heads, I'll leave you with this one instead:

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

My goofball kitty. I should have laid the yardstick out beside him... he's not even fully stretched out and he's nearly a yard long right there. He's my long tall skinny boy =) (as compared to my little pear shaped BB girl and the just plain fat ass Tux lol)

Have a great day ya'll!

3 comment(s):

  • ouch! But at least he hasn't broken anything! Do hope he feels better soon.
    I cna't wait for my hat woohoo!!! As far as the flower or lack thereof I'll find somethiing to go on it IF I think it needs it! Sounds like it'll be fine the way it is.
    Sorry to hear about the money woes... I am ALWAYS afraid that one of these days I will do something like that and pay for something twice.

    That kitty is sooo cute.
    Hope your son gets the "job" of shoveling the sidewalks, thats a great idea he had!


    By Blogger Unknown, at 6:46 AM  

  • I can probably help you with your web page.... send me an e-mail. :)

    Love the yarn! (You could use that to make a flower... of course, you probably want to keep that yarn. ;) )

    I had a look at the spinning wheel... pattern looks pretty basic. I don't think it's foot-powered... I think she probably spins the wheel with her hand.


    By Blogger noricum, at 8:29 AM  

  • OUCH! hope your DH gets to feeling better very soon!

    Congrats on the new spinning abilities!


    By Blogger Lynlee, at 8:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home