I promised a picture
And here ya go... best I could do lol. Hopefully my friend will send me a pic of her daughter wearing it (but I *still* haven't seen pics of the girls in their hats from christmas lol so don't hold yer breath) I also thought I'd stick up a couple of shots of my woodsprite cloche now that I have a head to model it for me *g* Ok yeah, I have just been dying to use it and haven't made a new hat yet so that's why ya'll get this one again ;)Poncho:
Hat:
Well, I got up for nothin' today. We got to the clinic and discovered some jackass had made an appointment for the baby to have shots... that she ALREADY had. So we went to the post office. Another big freakin bust. Wanna know why? Because I wanted to use my debit card and they wouldn't take it. Oh, not because it didn't have funds.... but because I have written on it (and any other card) See I.D instead of my signature. I will absolutely not sign my cards (not that many people even bother to check them when I use them) but *if* my card gets lost or stolen, no one can use it without my ID card and unless I have a twin I don't know about, it'd be awful hard for most folks to get away with using my card yanno? Yeah, so it seems the (this?) post office has a policy and can't accept a card without a signature. I handed him my id card and the jackass handed me a long ass list of code this n that explaining the policy. I didn't read it, fkn hell I'd already been through the hell of wrapping packages surrounded by a group of 1st graders with no manners, the tape dispenser was not dispensing tape so here I am with 20 kids around hollerin out questions and bumping into me and generally being in the way, cutting the tape stuff, which btw doesn't stick till you apply H2O to it so I had to dip the crap into the well (which the dispenser usually takes care of) then manage to get the paper folded, the tape applied and stuck, all the while surrounded by all these rude ass kids. Not one apologized when they bumped into me, which irritated the piss out of me. My kid apologizes when he bumps into a person, always has, even when he was 3 or 4. Needless to say I was not a ahppy Ya-Ya (which is what my friend's girls call me) so after all that to be told I couldn't use my freakin card.... I wanted to yell. I didn't. But it was very hard. Hubby will be mailing the boxes out tomorrow. He can yell if he wants to.
*sigh* so I got up early when I didn't have to, I didn't get my daily two pots of coffee, I had a horrible post office experience, and then to top it off... there was NO MAIL for us. We've got a whole boatload of stuff on it's way, yet there was not one envelope when hubby checked. I kinda hope somethin showed up later in the day. Maybe then I won't be so irritated at the post office.
Well, I guess I better figure out what to feed my guys for dinner. Hope ya'll have a better day than I did *g*
Oh, but on a positive note... I got to play with sweet babies =) The little one is over her colicy stage and is just a bundle of giggles and smiles now, and she even let me feed her and rock her to sleep. I so adore babies =)






4 comment(s):
Now to cheer you up! I went through my stash of craft things and so many things spoke to me! I found lots of great things for you and will be sending them soon!
~ Your Secret Pal
By
Anonymous, at
11:54 AM
Love the cloche--I suck at making hats and am envious of your creation. Since I have such a damn big head, I need that style of hat. I made a cloche attempt and it sucked big time. I followed exact direction and it looked awful...which pattern did you use??
Sorry about the shitty day, it's been my theory that once a day starts off kilter, it's all downhill from there, no recovery for it. At least it's nighttime there now, so the day is basically over.
By
Deneen, at
12:06 PM
I love the poncho. The colors are great! The hate is too cute for words. Good job.
By
Heather, at
12:08 PM
By
noricum, at
3:04 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home