Monday Madness
I can't believe I'm up. I've been up for an hour. I agreed to babysit today without asking what time. The lady has to take one of her babies to the doc. for shots and I agreed to watch the 5 month old. The appointment is at 9:30.. yeah that's AM. I'm the type that needs a couple of hours to wake up, so I had to get up as hubby was leavin' for work. Oh, and somehow babysitting in the warmth of my home turned into going with lmao. It's cool cuz I have some things to mail, and we're gonna have lunch with the husbands before we come back. I just really hate mornings. More so when I *have* to be awake than if I just happen to be awake, yanno what I mean?I'd like to sneak over to the craft shop and see if they have any fisherman's wool. I grabbed a boatload of kool-aid the other day and I wanna try some dying, then make something cool n felt it *g*
Well, the weekend was pretty boring. Satuday we went to the local hospital so hubby could have his draining cyst cleaned and re-packed. Gods that must have been horrible, he came out shaking like a leaf. He's got a pretty high pain tolerance, but this did him in. I got a few more orws done on the hood for my scarf while we were waiting. Tell ya what, it was a cold enough walk there, but the temp dropped while we were inside and coming home was pretty miserable.
Sat. night a started on a poncho for my best friend's daughter. I made Chelle's Lacy Shell Poncho (I'll link later, not awake enough yet) and it turned out way cute. I used mystery yarn, though I'm pretty sure it was RH. A varigated seafoamy green with bits of blue, lavender and a peachy/tannish kinda color, I think it'll look good on a redhead. I hope so *g* I'll post a pic later too.
The kiddo I used for sizing and trying the poncho on requested one to match her hat (some of you might remember it when I get around to posting pics) so I started another one last night in an off white to match. Kinda bummed I don't have any of the pink left though. Well, her hat has a pink band and a pink flower pin, so she can take the flower n pin it to her poncho. I think I'll make her a couple of other flowers in different colors so she can wear it with pretty much anything.
Oh, and hubby totally did not go back to the hosp. yesterday for his second re-packing. He had some choice words about his exxperience and refused to get it done again without an anesthetic *g* I don't blame him though. Oh yeah, and the German doc told him that draining it was fine, it helped slow it down some, but it'd have to be surgically removed. Hubby's not happy about that either.
I also made a few of Dot's UBW hats yesterday. Since I'll be downtown this weekend I figured I might as well take a few hats with me. I bet the homeless folks down there are cold as hell with the temps and snow we've had.
Oh, I didn't tell you about that? I am meeting my very first C'ville member on Saturday. She's coming down from Frankfurt for the day =) Another member had offered up some patterns and Anna posted that she'd like some, but the shipping might be to expensive, so I offered to let the patterns come to me via our APO addy since it only costs what it'd cost to ship to NY, then I could re-mail them through the German post. Well one thing led to another and emails went back and forth and now she's coming down to meet me and we'll spend the day shopping and stuff =) If we hit it off, it could become a semi-regular thing. It'd be nice. I could use some non-military company lol.
Well, I guess I should get cleaned up and dressed. On a good note, the lady has her car so there's no bus torture today *g*
Hope ya'll have a great week!






3 comment(s):
Poor thing.
By
Unknown, at
6:40 AM
~ DAWN
By
DAWN, at
9:13 AM
By
Hunny, at
10:33 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home