Track referers to your site with referer.org free referrer feed.

Marvie's Crochet Corner

Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Ut-oh I think I'm in big twubble....

I think I'm in the kitty house (not the dog house cuz we aren't dog ppl lol)

The microwave has an odor now.... hubby heated up some *shudder* liverwurst in there last night after I'd cooked the dyed wool.... and lo an behold his yukky stuff tasted funny(er)

So I threw in a bowl of vinegar and nuked that... no luck. Tried again... let it sit in there a while... (heh hubby opened the micro not long after it stopped and stuck his head in there n took a big ol sniff rofl got a snootful of cooked vinegar!) Well the vinegar failed miserably. I even let it sit in there overnight. Nada... still smells funky.

So Beth suggested baking soda in water and boil it... I've done that several times.... nope, still funky. I sprinkled baking soda inside and shut the door and ignored it most of the day... didn't help.

I sprayed the whole inside down with cleaner stuff, washed the round n round doohicky... still funky.

Anyone ever had this problem? What else can I try?

I mean, honestly, we don't use the thing often.... we use the bottled water for tea and hubbys cuppa soup thingies, and that water is nearly boiling so it doesn't need nuked. I cook nothing in there, ever. Occassionally we reheat something... that's about it. But hubby's goona be a very unhappy sailor if I've ruined the mircowave dyeing wool *g*

4 comment(s):

  • OH NO!!!!
    Wish I could help...


    By Blogger Unknown, at 11:34 AM  

  • Hmmm... I'm stumped. Maybe if you used a small amount of water to make the baking soda into a paste, then applied that to the surfaces and left it overnight?

    You might also want to check to see if there's some sort of air filter than can be changed... probably not, but it's worth a look.


    By Blogger noricum, at 12:10 PM  

  • Jeez Marvie. I never dyed my wool, bought it predyed. I did melt beeswax in there and made quite a mess and slight stink for a while.

    Okay, here are a few suggestions. First, if you have any of that orange cleaner stuff, spray that around and let it sit and then wipe it out. You can also put a Pyrex baking dish in the microwave, add a LITTLE dish soap and maybe some baking soda and nuke on high til it boils and then leave it sit in there a few hours and wipe. The steam should take some of the stink off. Last thing, place a few clean sponges into a Pyrex dish that have been soaked with vinegar and water. Nuke til steamy (probably just a minute or two) and then let em sit til they cool a bit. Take them out, wring them out and toss em. Hopefully they will absorb most of the smell. I would try the sponge thing first.

    If this doesn't work, I think it's time to do a "happy homemaker search" and find some remedy.

    I have to say, I have NEVER heard of heating up liverwurst. I am getting dry heaves just thinking about it.


    By Blogger Deneen, at 12:16 PM  

  • I have heard to slice up a lemon place in a cup of water, microwave on high for 5 mins works. I have not tried it but good luck.

    Here is a website too: http://www.thefrugallife.com/microwav2.html


    By Blogger Heather, at 4:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home