Track referers to your site with referer.org free referrer feed.

Marvie's Crochet Corner

Tuesday, February 01, 2005

The kiddo

Evenin ya'll =)

Andrea asked how B did this term, so I thought I'd answer here so everyone who's interested could read it.

Got his report card yesterday. I have the parent/teacher conference Friday, so I'll have more info then, but for the moment.... He brought his Health grade up from a D+ to a C+, Lang. Arts stayed a B, Math stayed an F (but with a 28 last term, hubby and I agree that as long as his number grade shows improvement, and he's turned in his assignments... he's not in trouble again over it) Science came up from a D- to a D but Soc. Studies dropped a little bit, from a B- to a C+. Overall, it looks pretty good right now. I'm not thrilled with the C's and D's, but he's brought them up so I give him credit for that. I am really hoping his Math grade is up *fingers crossed!*

We let him know he'd done well to bring up most of his grades, but made sure he knows he's not done yet lol. He still has some work to do, but I'm proud of what he's accomplished so far.

He hasn't been complaining about his female teacher this term, so I'm hoping things have improved on that front.

He's working on the big Living Wax Museum project (Where he has to dress up as Thomas Jefferson) there are several projects going on till the end of the month. He had to do a Time Mag. cover... he drew Thomas Jefferson (turned out really well!) and put a headline on it in red. He has to do a timeline, which is due mid-month. He has to memorize a paragraoph of the Decleration of Independance. He also has to read some books about Thomas Jefferson and write a speech, which must be memorized, that he will give at the end of the month when he wears his costume (which we ordered from Ebay and got in last week... it even has little thingies to go over his shoes which look like those old buckle shoes!) Now I just have to do the wig. I'd better get going on it lol. So far all that is going well. *fingers crossed again lol*

Thanks to everyone for the advice and sympathy you gave me last term.... keep up the positive vibes, cuz it seems to be working *g*

2 comment(s):

  • I'm glad things are looking up. :)

    By Blogger noricum, at 7:36 PM  

  • Girlfriend, good news about school kid.... :)

    Glad you're liking the Kool Aid thing. Great fun, isn't it! My favorite way to get dirty!

    SamplerLady


    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home