Track referers to your site with referer.org free referrer feed.

Marvie's Crochet Corner

Thursday, February 10, 2005

FO's and WIP's

As usual, you can click the pic to see it larger. =) Made these out of the red roving I bought this weekend. The hearts turned out pretty well, but the balls didn't felt to well. I think my yarn was a bit to chunky (though it's getting more uniform in size than before) but I'm working on that ;)

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Next is my almost finished hook case. I wish I'd have thought ahead and made some of the spots bigger for my fat hooks, but I have plenty of smaller hooks and it'll hold them. I'll just have to make another case for the bigger hooks lol. Above the hook case is a scrunchie I whipped up with this gorgeous fur I bought Saturday. Damn this stuff is silky! I love it! Must have more lol. The flash sort of washed out the color of the case, it's actually a lovely deep brown with bits of fiber in coppery brown, green and a cort of creamy tan. Quite gorgeous actually. It's Wool Ease Mink brown or something like that.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

2 comment(s):

  • Marvie, a fun way to make felt balls: Wrap the roving up in a ball about three or four times larger than you'd like the finished ball. Stuff it in a nylon stocking, panty hose or knee hi. Using a piece of yarn tie off the stocking. Repeat with other balls of roving...it'll end up looking like a sausage or a snake that's swallowed a bunch of billard balls. Throw it in the washer and full like "normal." Take out, peel off the nylons and let dry. Almost perfectly round felt balls. Kids adore them, cats love them.... If you don't want to use up all the roving you have, make the core of the balls with old wool yarn (not superwash) Wrap the roving around it. Proceed as described above.

    SamplerLady
    http://www.livejournal.com/users/samplerlady/


    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:59 AM  

  • Nice hook case!! I love the furry trim... :-)

    By Blogger Jamie D., at 11:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home