I'm still here lol
I know I've been kinda MIA since Monday. I haven't even got a terrible lot to report for the past few days.Tuesday.... ummm drawing a blank here... so probably nothing eventful lol.
Wednesday... went down to the other base (ok the Army calls them Posts or Barracks, but we're Navy so I say base) was supposed to meet hubby for lunch, try to get seen at medical for this odd itchy rash I had going on for about 10 days, do some shopping... hubby emailed and canceled lunch bc he had to go to one of the other bases in town for the day, my rash was gone (and really why go if there's nothing to show?) so I didn't really need to go, but since I was already showered and dressed I went anyway lol.
I went to the craft shop, picked up a ball of yarn I needed for a secret project, some more beads for thongs bc I am so addicted to those thongs! I also had to buy some different needles bc mine just wasn't going to cut it, and I bought a new threader to replace the one I broke. Oh and I got a Susan Bates knit check, the deal with the guage checker and holes to check your hook sizes. Been wanting one of these for a while and they finally had one! Oh, and I went to the thrift shop while I was over there, they had a blanket, crocheted on a big hook with 4 strands (red, blue, green and yellow) for $5.00 so I snagged that for my son. Saved me from having to make him one *g* plus it was cheaper than I could have made one for. The thing doesn't even look like it's been washed, I swear! I'll get a pic and show ya'll tomorrow, or soon ;)
Then last night I worked on the top secret project for a while. Did some more today and should be done tonight or tomorrow.
I've picked out the colors I am going to use to make one of the gift blankets on my GiftAlong list, and the other crochet board I go to is doing a crochet-along using a yo-yo pattern, so I'm going to kill two birds with one stone... actually three as the blanket will be a stash buster too *g*
I put together some RAOK stuff today and hope to be able to mail tomorrow
I've got pics to share, kitty pics, but it's going to have to be tomorrow, because I'm feeling very lazy tonight and it's after 11 already.
Now for my whine ;) It has been snowing for DAYS, I'm talkin' nonstop snow people. First couple of days it came down and didn't stick much, then we had 24 hours where it was teensy little flakes, coming down fast n hard and started really sticking, today it's big fat fluffy stuff... weather.com is calling for snow for the next ten days. HELLOOOOOOOOOO it's time to stoppit now. I'm ready for Spring. Days where it's to warm to even consider snow. I want to pack away my wool sweaters, heavy coats, hats, scarves, mittens and all that goes along with it. I *need* sunlight... my house needs fresh air, my cats need to stop fighting over the lamp on my desk (which was the first clue the snow was coming, BB n Tux were arguing over who got to sleep under the fake sunshine) I need some color... grey sucks... white's just not any better. My skin just can't take it anymore. The rash left, thank the Gods, but I'm so dry right now it's just scary. I've used every lotion, cream, oil and combination of them for months. I've forced water down my throat, I boil huge pots of the stuff on the stove to hydrate the house, yet I'm still dry, itchy and omg the flakes of skin *shudder*. I've taken to not just washing myself, but freakin scrubbing to try to control the flakies... doesn't seem to be doing any good (or bad for that matter) and don't even get me started on my poor scalp, the winter dryness is just making the fact that the water here is full of lime and the gods only know what else that my dry scalp/dandruff has just gotten horrid. Told hubby, even my damned eyebrows have dandruff now. And just how can one have oily skin/hair yet flakes and dry stuff going in IN THE SAME PLACE as the oily places????????????????????? I could understand if my chin/nose forhead was oily and the other parts of my face was dry, but nope, the dry stuff is in the oily place.......... *shakes head in confusion*
Ok, I'm done whining now lol. Just had to get it off my chest.
OH! and I FINALLY got the results back from my pap, it was normal, and I can't thank ya'll enough for calming down when I had my panic over it a while back. After your comments and emails, I relaxed and let it go. Sure enough, eventually the Army does let you know. It just takes for freakin ever lol.I mean, two months? That's a long time to leave a girl hangin yanno? But it was normal and all is well till next time.
Well, guess I should quit babbling and get off here. I'll be back tomorrow with pictures =) Have a great night!






3 comment(s):
I'm glad you got your pap results back, and that they were normal. :)
By
noricum, at
9:31 AM
~ DAWN
By
DAWN, at
9:34 AM
~Your Secret Pal =)
By
Anonymous, at
9:54 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home