Track referers to your site with referer.org free referrer feed.

Marvie's Crochet Corner

Wednesday, February 23, 2005

No news yet

We have a meeting with the principal in the morning and will know then what the school will do. They let him go today though. He met with the school counselor, the principal and his teacher sat down with him too. They all feel he understands the consequences of his actions, or the possible consequences at least. The counsoler agreed to meet with him more and try to find out if/what the underlying problems are.

I am still kind of at a loss, just sort of going with the flow right now I guess. I sat on the couch all day and did mindless crocheting... I just grabbed every color of brown yarn I had in my stash, boy there's a lot of it lol, and started an afgahn on a P hook. I just didn't have the energy to sit on the computer or do my usual thing, and I'm not the type who cleans when they're stressed (that just stresses me more lol) So I crocheted and brooded. Waited for the phone calls to come, and they did. I got about 2 feet of afghan done, guessing it'll be a lapghan, though maybe a tad wide. Oh well. It'll be good for tucking under legs =)

Anyway, as I sat there, I suddenly had this very strong feeling I sould walk up to the school and escort B home. I thought it over for a minute or two, then got dressed, called the school to tell them he should meet me in the office after the bell, and went. I'm not sure why I had that urge, maybe I thought deep down that he'd end up in a fight after school, or maybe I was worried he wouldn't come home, hellifIknow. I just know when I have those strong feelings I should listen to them, so I did.

It gave us a chance to talk on the way home though. I found out a few things. One of them being that the kid he threatened had been picking at him all day long, that he does this often, and that this "child" is taller than I am (I'm 5' even) and is in my son's class. I also found that he gets teased more than he tells me, about his lack of height and various other things. He tells me some of it, but not all it seems.

Of course, none of that excuses what he did. He knows he's in deep ca-ca over it. I'm a firm believer in accepting responsibility for your choices and actions. He made some wrong choices and he's got to pay the price for them.

In the meantime, he'll be getting counseling, I'll be trying to do what I can to help him, as Slady said, reconnect with him, and hopefully we'll get this nipped in the bed before it goes any farther.

Thank you all so much for your comments and support. It means so very much to me. Ya'll make it not quite so lonely here, and I really appreciate everything.

I think I'm going to go take a bath now... try to relax. Gonna be another hard day tomorrow. I'll let you know how it goes.

6 comment(s):

  • Wow, Marvie I miss reading your blog one day and I come back to find this! I'm so sorry you all are going through this. Bad part about the military is having your business posted, but hey.... Just talk to your son and more importantly, listen. Boys are hard, but they will open up and when they do you have to be ready and willing to put down whatever you are doing or pull over to the side of the road if need be and listen. Don't be afraid to get up in his business. Get noisy..he'll be pissed, but deep down he'll be relieved that you care.
    Good Luck---
    ~ DAWN


    By Blogger DAWN, at 1:41 PM  

  • when I read your blog this morning I thought maybe he (your son) was getting picked on.I have a 9 year old and being bullied is a big problem.your poor fella probably held in his fears and anger so much he just wasnt thinking about what would really happen.not that what he did was right but really,he had to have pent up feelings to do what he did.I hope things get worked out for all of you

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:50 PM  

  • er that last port came from cara
    `earth mother`


    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:50 PM  

  • You know, walking him to and from school regularly might be a good idea... it'll be "alone time" for the two of you, when you can talk, or just be companionable. Time to "connect", as slady suggested. I'm sure you see him at home, but then there's lots of distractions there.

    By Blogger noricum, at 3:51 PM  

  • oh, wow, Marvie! I don't know what to say! I wish I had some wonderful advice for you, but I don't... I hope things work out, that your son can stay in school, your DH doesn't get in too much crap at work, and that your son learns a lesson! I'll be keeping you in my thoughts until its all resolved!

    By Blogger Lynlee, at 6:56 PM  

  • Oh man, sorry to hear that your son is having trouble. I know what it is like to get teased and called names in school, it was so bad by 4th grade that my mom took me out and homeschooled me after that.

    Big hugs for you...you're a good mom spending the extra time to talk to him...if your husband can too hopefully soon your boy will be back on the right track.

    Hope you have a peaceful evening...

    hugs
    Ro


    By Blogger Ro, at 7:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home