I dunno what to do with myself today lol
Wow... silence... no kid for 5 and a half whole hours! No freakin fractions, multiplication tables, no social studies review, no spelling test... I'm kinda feeling lost ;) I'm sure I'll get the hang of it in a minute though rofl. ::dances around the house enjoying the quiet:: see I told ya ;)Oh! I got my computer back last night!! ::dances some more:: Hubby's new computer arrived yesterday, well actually it's *my* new computer come to find out. Only problem is, the new one doesn't like my hard drive, so we have to save all my files, pics etc. and transfer them to the new one... but at the moment I am sitting at *my* desk, using *my* harddrive, and life is good ;) Actually a couple of days ago hubby moved the computer back to my desk, because he wanted to hook both monitors up and his desk doesn't have room for that. It was kinda neat having two monitors, I could have a boatload of windows up and my mouse went from monitor to monitor. It's how he is set up at work and he's been wanting to do it at home (so I'm guessing another flat screen monitor is going to show up in our house sometime in the future, now that he knows his computer will do it) Frankly, I can live with one monitor though lol.
We had another couple of days of scary sick cat stuff. Tigger is back at the vet's office, on a catheter again, and an IV for fluids and doped to the eyeballs. K (my friend) took him to my old vet on Tuesday, they charged us over $200 and told us nada... well except scaring us with talk of bladder stones and surgery... So she took him to her vet yesterday (they're cheaper and nicer) and they X-Rayed, no bladder stones. Turns out the poor baby's bladder had stretched out so much when he'd backed up that he just has no muscle control (imagine a balloon that's been blown up then the air let out, how it's all stretched out and floppy) so he can't pee bc he can't squeeze, so his bladder gets full then stretches some more.... so he's on a catheter to keep him drained while his bladder (hopefully) shrinks down to normal again. The IV will flush all the crystals out and keep him hydrated. He has been refusing food and water pretty much since last Friday... so he was in pretty bad shape. We think he's on the mend though. The vet says they'll take the catheter out later today (EST time) and see if he can/will pee on his own and if so we'll know he's out of the woods. As soon as he's healthy enough, she says I can bring him here. (I was worried that laying in a carrier for the long flight might cause a relapse but the vet says he'll be ok once we get him on the right track) So we're going to try to plan my trip to the states around him so he can come home.
Some of you may be wondering why all the stress over a cat, well, this lil guy is my baby... he and Tux were born in my bed almost 5 years ago. (March 29th is their b-day) Their mama's water broke on my lap, I stayed up all night with her while she delivered her 5 kittens. Tigger was first born, then came Tux an hour later, and the other three followed every hour after that. Tigger was the cat my son chose (We'd told him he could pick one from the litter) and Tux chose me (we were only going to keep one lol) so they've been with us from day one and they are more than just pets to us, they're family =) When we moved to Germany, it was too cold for the cats to fly with us so they had to wait and come later. By then, we had to have them flown by a pet transporter service and pay for it ourselves (though it was tax deductible) and we could only afford to fly two of them. It was a hard decision for us to make, but we chose to bring Tux and BB first bc they are the most needy/demanding of the three, and left Tigger to stay with K and her family. B was very cool with it, probably bc though he'd picked Tigger, in reality, BB had chosen him as her person and Tigger had chosen hubby lol. And we'd promised him that we'd either bring him over here as soon as we could, or that K would care for him till we went back home and then Tigger would come live with us again. So he didn't feel like he'd completely lost his cat.
Well, with everything else that's been going on with the boy, the last thing I want to have to tell him is that his cat has died... so we're doing everything we possibly can to get our lil guy well. I'll spend every dime I can spare for this (short of causing us to starve of course lol) and hubby is of the same mindset... he loves the lil dude as much as B and I do =)
We've shelled out nearly $1,000 so far, but the new vet has a credit program which will allow us to continue treating him and we can make monthly payments. This will enable me to still fly home as planned, as well as bringing him here. It'll be a little bit crowded with four cats, and the fact that Tigger has to be on a special diet etc. will mean some changes in how we do things.... but it'll be worth it.
Also, the credit thing is always there, once we pay it off it's available if/when we need it again. Though not over here in Germany, if anything happens here we will have to pay out of pocket, but it'll be there for us when we get home and that's a good thing. It's not just for vet care either, they do dentistry, vision and a few other things too. They have interest free plans (with certain rules) which is what we're doing, or you can choose an extended plan (the interest is high on that though) so if anyone is interested in having that little bit of peace of mind here's the link Care Credit You can find out if your vet or other health care provider is in the program on the web site by typing the name or phone number in and it'll search for you, you apply and it sits there waiting for you to use it (you'll get a card in the mail, but if you need it immediately it's available right away once you're approved) I signed up last night and was able to give the info to the vet minutes later. I didn't look closely, but there is a link you can click if you're Canadian as well. So check it out, if you don't have insurance, or there's things your insurance doesn't cover... this is a good back-up I think. ::end commercial lol::
I promised a pic of the cape and I finally got around to getting one of the finished product =) Well, nearly finished... I still need to decide if I want to put the flower on the cape or use a button (leaning toawrds button bc I like the small flower on the hat lol) but here it is :

That's the only pic I have for you today. I haven't managed to start the border on the big 'ghan yet (though I finished the browns finally and the thing is about 5'6" long already) and the poncho is not quite finished yet... I've done a couple of things for the flower swap but not ready for photos yet... so this is it for now lol.
I do have a couple more things to finish up before my trip (in SEVEN days!!!) I promised K I'd make her a neck bag like mine (the felted camera pouch that has yet to see a camera rofl) though I'm not sure I'll do a felted one as I'm low on wool at the moment. I need to make some sort of necklace for my yarn cutter pendant, no idea how I'll do that yet, just that there will be beads. I have some yarn I picked up on my last couple of SEX trips that I am thinking of turning into a poncho, it's all in purples and I can't wait to play with it ;) I need to finish the flower swap stuff up either before I go or while I'm gone so I can mail when I get back, along with the yarn swap yarns.
Then before I go to the states I need to finish the brown blanket, I made a shurg recently that I plan to give as a bday gift to another friend and I want to add some frill or something to it first, K's bday gift needs to get done too, as well as the yo-yo blanket, as that's K's oldest daughter's bday gift and a poncho for her younger daughter.
I've also promised hubby slippers (which I bought soles for last weekend and yarn the weekend before) at some point and I have one other project, which I can't discuss here as it's a RAOK for one of my readers.
I need to update my sidebar with buttons, I need to update my picture page and I have a couple other patterns I want to add at some point too.
Sheesh. I don't have much to do lmao. That's just crochet related too. I also need to color my hair within the next few days, which involves a trip to the other base bc our base commissary no longer carries hair color, but my roots are showing and that's just not acceptable when going on vacation. I need to give myself a pedicure in a bad way too lol. Oh, packing needs to happen soon too. Need to get with the lady who'll be taking the boy to school and keeping him after school while I'm gone. Should do some cleaning before I go too lol.
Guess I should get my fanny out of this chair and get busy lol. I can crochet today, which will accomplish something on my list-from-hell as well as give me the relaxation I so need after these past two weeks... yeah that sounds good ;)
Hope ya'll have a great day! Oh look, the sun's out for once =) Things are lookin' better n better! The damn snow is even melting woohooooooooooo!






2 comment(s):
By
Anonymous, at
7:32 AM
By
Karla, at
3:05 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home