Track referers to your site with referer.org free referrer feed.

Marvie's Crochet Corner

Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Pattern woes

I'm really cussing LB patterns right about now. I have yet to run across a single one that didn't confuse the piss out of me. I thought I was doing alright with the cape, but I'm on the last round of the border and I have got a very odd shaped....*thing*.... it is not a cape. It does not look like the thing in the picture. It might help if I could see the cape laid out flat... but looking at my *thing* and looking at the picture on the pattern I'm convinced I screwed up somewhere along the way. Not only that, but I'm going to run out of yarn before I get to the hat, I'll be lucky to get the little flower out of my last skein. So I've folded my *thing* up and laid it down for a while... I'm going to frog it tomorrow I guess and try to figure out what the heck I did wrong. I may just end up making a darned throw.

I haven't gone back to the poncho yet... had hoped to finish the cape tonight and do the poncho tomorrow. *sigh* This is just not going well lol.

Someone asked where the heck you get owl barf... well it seems you get it from the internet rofl. B says his teacher went online and ordered the owl pellets. I haven't googled it... but when he was trying to look up something about the bones from his pellet he did run across a site selling owl pellets, so I know they're out there rofl.

Well, I guess I'm going to go soak myself in a nice hot tub, got some new smelly stuff for my bath, something with green tea in it, and some soap with honey and oatmeal. Normally I would not buy something like that, knowing full well I could make my won green tea bath stuff and honey/oatmeal soap... but I wanted a treat and since I love my baths so much... smelly stuff seemed like a good way to treat myself ;) Maybe it'll make me forget how irritated I am with LB patterns (or my total inability to comprehend them at least!)

ni-night ya'll =)

5 comment(s):

  • I COMPLETLY AGREE!!!

    I hate the way the word them and they never turn out they way they say, either to short or small. Hang in there you will get it! :)


    By Blogger Heather, at 5:57 PM  

  • I've seen owl pellets while walking in the woods.

    I imagine zoos probably sell them... it'd be a good way to raise money from crap. ;) (I think they also sell various "manures" for the garden... it all has to go somewhere!)


    By Blogger noricum, at 6:08 PM  

  • I know what you mean about LB - I am having a hard time visualizing how my knitting is going to end up looking like that cape. I guess I will have to wait and see.

    Thanks for the info on owl pooh - goes to show- you CAN buy anything on the internet!


    By Blogger Colette, at 6:31 PM  

  • Hey, another interesting (and really easy, as long as you can find Borax over there) science project: http://www.stevespanglerscience.com/experiment/00000039
    Sara and I did this one day when polymers came up in chemistry on a day when we needed to take a break from the heavy chemistry stuff. It was great fun. (Though I know he's not supposed to be having fun :p ) And this is another good one: http://www.teachnet.com/lesson/science/icecream051999.html


    By Blogger Daisy, at 1:47 PM  

  • I have two more rows to do on the border (and I hope it actually fits!), but I think they miscalculated as to the amount of yarn needed. I mean, I plan to do the flower too, PLUS the cloche and flower for that *too*! So DH went to Joann's today and got me two more skeins of the LB Homespun in Baroque.

    I'll let you see pics when I finish! I am really behind in getting pics of FOs up on my website.


    By Blogger CountryMouse, at 11:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home