Just a quick update:
Well I finished the cape! I frogged the border and re-did it, doing the squared corner parts the same way as the parts on the long sides were done, which worked out much better. It's now more oval, and it hangs nicely when on. I haven't uploaded pics yet but will try to get to that later today. I also have the poncho nearly finished, just need to finish the last round then it'll be time to add the fur, which it turns out I need a second ball of so it's on hold till that arrives. My SP realized she'd only sent one ball of fur and emailed to let me know she's gotten another ball and it will be on it's way soon, how sweet is that? =) Next on my plate is to finish up the brown blanket, I have three balls of yarn left to add, then I'll add a border to it. Should get going on that today while we're doing schoolwork.Saturday was awesome! I had to get up before the birds, but that was ok =) I did have a semi bad start to the day, I checked my email when I first woke up and there was a note from my friend back home who has my other cat. They'd had to take him to the emergency vet and she was freaking out. Turned out the poor baby had a UTI, lots of blood in his urine, crystals formed and he couldn't pee. He spent all weekend at the emergency vet with a catheter and an IV, to the tune of several hundred dollars. Probably more than several hundred, but I'm still waiting for the final bill on that. He will have to go on a special diet for the rest of his life now to control this. It's a pretty common thing with male cats, and especially fatass lazy cats like our Tigger. So on top of his new diet, he will also be forced off his lazy butt and made to exercise.
So after talking to my friend via email (because I had no access to IM since I'm STILL using hubby's harddrive) and letting her know we'd pay all the bills of course, just get hte baby healthy, I was able to get ready and made my train on time.
I arrived in Karlsrhue, met Anna at the track her train arrived on, and Pfirsch arrived as we stood chatting. We spent the rest of the morning yarn shopping and learning a bit about the city, then we went to a nice coffee shop Pfirsch knew of. We sat there for quite a while, chatting and having a great time =) Then at one point the crochet came out *g* Pfirsch showed us an oven mitt she was working on, then proceeded to show us how to do the stitch used and she and Anna worked on that for a while. I had the poncho with me, but didn't bring it out to work on because I figured I'd loose track and end up frogging lol. I just can't run my mouth and count at the same time ;) Eventually, Pfirsch had to leave to meet her bf so Anna and I went on alone. We wandered through a mall for a bit, went into a Body Shop where we spent some time sniffing lotions and creams =) Then after that we wandered around a bit more, looking for a nice place to eat some food (we'd had coffee and pastry earlier but were hungry by this point) we eventually found a great little pub... it sort of reminded us of Cheers lol. We ate and chatted for a while, and after we headed back to the train station and our trains home. It was a great day =) I really enjoyed meeting Pfirsch, what a great lady! It was wonderful seeing Anna again as well =)
It was such fun walking through yarn stores with like minded people, oohing and ahhing and petting yarns. It was also very cool walking down the streets, it never failed that one or another of us spied some crocheted item here or there and we'd all stop to check out how it was constructed etc. I hope we can get together again sometime!
Of course I bought yarn =) I got some furry yarns, for just cuz ;) I got some yarns to use for the Flower Swap at C'ville, and even some *thread!* I also got a pretty furry yarn to edge the cape with. Hmmm, I think there was something else but I can't remember right now. It was a good sex day (Stash Enhancement Xpedition) all around *g*
Not too much else going on.... still waiting for hubby's parts to come in so I can have my computer back. Counting the days till B goes back to school (Thursday! Yay!) and trying to keep my sanity till the 17th =) Not an easy task, especially when my cycle decided to go all wonky on me and bring on my girl thing like two weeks early. Though not all a bad thing, at least I won't be having it when I go to Holland. Cramps and having the kiddo home just do not go well at all. I so wanted to take a muscle relaxer and go back to bed today but that can't happen so I'm crapmy and feeling like crap... though this does explain my whineyness last week lol as well as why I got snippy with the poor kid a couple of those days and bitchy with the husband... well maybe if I can get the kid to do enough work this morning I can sneak in a bit of a nap on the couch later. I'm always so sleepy these first few days, probably because the cramps inturrupt my sleep so much at night.
Well, guess I should get off here and check the kiddo's math and assign his next round of work.
Hope everyone has a good week, I'm thinking of ya'll and sending out as much positive energy as I can scrounge up lol.






1 comment(s):
By
Anonymous, at
6:47 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home