Track referers to your site with referer.org free referrer feed.

Marvie's Crochet Corner

Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Packing adventures

Sheesh I forgot how difficult packing is lol. I got my clothes all picked out over the weekend, after making some adjuestments due to projected weather forecasts, and remembering that *hello* I have to haul this bag around till we get to M's house... today I dragged out my medium sized suitcase, which thank the Gods and my husband, has wheels rofl. I placed my clothes in it... and it was full. No room for toiletries and other necessities (like yarn!) Then I remembered the space saver bags we bought before moving over here... those things are one of the best inventions ever if you ask me! I stuffed all my clothes in one of the big ones that you vacuum the air out of (we also have some that you just roll and squeeze till the air is out) dug the vac out and sucked all the air outta the bag... my suitcase is now only HALF full =) I then realized that I'd forgotten to pack the pj's in the space bag... after a bit of cursing, I just stuffed 'em in a roll-up space bag rather than opening up the other one. I'll probably end up remembering something else I've forgotten before it's time to zip the suitcase up for the last time. I doubt it, I packed socks, undies, even a bra (plus the one I'll have on) and no I hate bras and rarely wear the things, but after all, I won't be sitting around the house rofl. I have sweaters, shirts and jeans... a pair of sweats and a tshirt for sitting around at night, and a pair of nice slacks and a few tops for going out at night. I could probably cut all that in half though, in all honesty... and probably will lmao. I always do. This is *why* I start packing as early as I can. I'm still going to need a second bag though, even after I cut the clothes back. I'll definately be shopping while there and even with loosing half the clothes I have ready now, by the time I stick my extra pair of shoes, my toiletries and other odds and ends in the suitcase, it *will* be full. I still have to get the cell and charger, the battery charger for my camera batteries, the camera itself, my crochet for the train ride, motrin for the backache I know I will have for the next week... because for one, my back hasn't stopped hurting since probably October, plus we'll be walking a lot once we settle in, but just hauling that damn bag will be enough rofl. Oh, and my pillow. I can't leave home without my pillow. My pillow is not yer average pillow. It's this super yummy soft squishy foam stuff and after sleeping on this pillow I have never been able to sleep on any other type. Fortunately my pillow shrinks down very well in a space bag ;) It'll be flat as a pancake but will pop right back up once it's let out. I can probably get it into the bag with my pj's.

I still have a million things to do before I leave of course. Today is half over, then I have tomorrow... so I best get my tail off here and get busy lmao.

Andrea, I'm working on your questions, I promise! I haven't forgotten!

I'll see ya'll later... gotta go rethink the packing some more rofl. Have a great day!

3 comment(s):

  • Hey, Just wanted to introduce my new Blog. LOL I am a Blogger now. No more with Bravenet. Still playing around with it. But I made a button. Check it out!

    By Blogger Birth Express, at 9:25 AM  

  • Don't worry about the questions... enjoy your vacation first. ;) Good luck with the packing! As your second bag, you might want to take one that folds flat, so you can put it in your suitcase until you need it.

    By Blogger noricum, at 2:54 PM  

  • Have a terrific time! I hope you enjoy yourself immensely! I hope your package comes today, there are things you will want to take wiht you in it. If not they will be there when you get back. Have a blast!

    ~Your Secret Pal


    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home