Track referers to your site with referer.org free referrer feed.

Marvie's Crochet Corner

Tuesday, April 19, 2005

FO pics

K well, I guess ya'll have learned by now not to take my word for anything when it comes to me saying I'll post pics lol. I know I said I'd do it the other day, and I honestly meant to, but one thing after another came up and I just never got to it. I do apologize though ffor saying one thing and doing another. I swear I'm not normally so unreliable. I do have pics to share today though. I'll start with FO's, then I'll show off the mail I have gotten lately.

First are the ponchos. The round one is the Posh Poncho from CPC. I used some cotton yarn I found on sale when I went downtown right after I returned from Holland. The little triangle one comes straight out of my head, it's done in the round with the increases at the points, I used a soft acrylic yarn and some fun fur to make it a bit more feminine and added a drawstring just in case it's too big for the 3 yr old it's going to.



Here are the bags I whipped out last week...
Messenger bag done with sock yarns, one I bought here and the other my spring Secret Pal sent me (this is for my plane ride)


These were quick bags done while watching movies. The purple one is to go with the cape I made and the little blue one is made out of the cotton yarn I got in the Spring yarn swap from Natalie. I was out of buttons so I crocheted a flower (of sorts) from the other cotton she sent and sewed that on, love how those colors go together!



Now for gifts =) First is my final yarn swap package:

Amanda hooked me up! She not only sent yarn but LOTS of patterns. The yarns are pretty great too =) Two balls of LB Landscapes in Desert Spring, two balls of Moda Dea Jai Alai fur which has ALL my favorite colors in it in the muted shades I love (though I do love any green, purple, brown or blue) two balls of Lily cotton and one skein each of purple, lilac and yellow (which I'd mentioned in the survey that I didn't have any of in my stash so my swap partners graciously corrected that for me *g* Aren't they great?)

Next, a RAOK sent from a mysterious person, but whoever they are I thiank sincerealy because I've wanted to read some of Silver Ravenwolf's fiction for a while now and someone sent me one of the teen witch series (which I read Sunday and it was quite good, so of course now I am going to have to hunt down all the rest rofl)


And last, the package I got yesterday from another sweet Fairy Godmother. The notebook is too pretty for words but I'll give it a shot ;) It's meant to write in, the pages are blank except for quotes about cats from various people, and lovely cat related artwork.... but I have to tell you, I don't know if I could bring myself to actually put my horrid handwriting in this gorgeous book. Even on a good day (which means after the coffee has worn off a bit) my writing would just not be nice enough for this lovely book. The picture does it absolutely no justice whatsoever but here goes:

This sweet person also made me a star shaped dishcloth which you see there beside the book, and she sent my Tuxedo boy some milk rings. I am not sure who's happier about the package *g* me or the cat rofl. He's playing with one now, and I have to say, he's acting like a kitten... which for my fat old man is quite unusual. He will very occasionally play with a furry mouse, but not often, give him a milk ring though, and the old fart turns into a youngster again =)

And I think that's it for pictures =) I'll be back in a minute with some wonderful news!

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment

<< Home