Track referers to your site with referer.org free referrer feed.

Marvie's Crochet Corner

Thursday, April 21, 2005

I have a question for beaders

Well I have these lil seed beads I picked up and I want to use them in a thread project, but my question is what the heck size needle do I use? I've bought every needle my base craft shop has in stock. The problem is that the needles that the beads will go over won't hold the size 10 thread and the ones I can get the thread into won't let the beads (even some of the bigger than seed beads) over the eye... so I'm stuck! Since I'll be in the states soon I thought I'd ask the question now so I can get what I need while I'm there. (I tried to post at C'ville but it seems I haven't had enough coffee yet or something because I couldn't manage to figure out what I was doing wrong lol)

Not a whole lot going on, just trying to start packing and doing the things I need to do before I'm away for two weeks, yanno like making sure there's bachelor friendly foods for the guys since I know hubby won't be cooking real meals rofl.

The sun is finally out again, after days and days of cold rain. I will probably go sit outside later, once it's a bit warmer, and soak it up. Let it seep into my bones and warm me =) I sat in the sun for about 15 mins one day last week talking to a neighbor and got a freakin sunburn on my face lol. Which means my freckles are really showing themselves now lol. I always tell people, I don't tan, I freckle. Oh, I'll get a darker shade of pale, but honestly, I burn, peel, and freckle. So I should try to remember to put on some sunscreen before I go out.... if I even have any left from last year lol.

We're starting to get things ready for when I bring Tigger home. We thought it best we start the changes early so the others don't naturally associate it ALL with him and decide to hate him. See, because of his health issues he's on a wet food only diet now. The others eat dry food, which we leave out all the time and fill once a day, they nibble as the want. Well, we won't be able to leave the dry food out once Tigger is here since he isn't allowed to eat it anymore soooooooooooo we've started putting it away and only putting it out for a while in the morning (hubby puts it out when he gets up and I pick it up when I wake up) and again at night. Once Tigger is here, he'll be in the other room (with closed door) eating his wet food at those times, and we'll put away the other's dry food before letting him out.) Well, my babies are not happy kitties lol. Not liking the new system one lil bit lmao. The first night, Goofball went nuts, hollering and getting into stuff, I guess in hopes we'd get up and put the food out lol. It'll take them some time to get used to it, but they should be ok by the time I get back with Tigger. Of course, that'll stir up a whole new bunch of issues though lol. I'll have an interesting time integrating them all heheh.

Well, guess I should get my butt in gear and get some stuff done.... /have a good day!

4 comment(s):

  • Marvie, I use a flexible beading needle. It's long and just really a thin piece of wire doubled and twisted leaving an opening at the top for the "eye" you thread it then slid a bead over it and it closes the eye. I don't have my package so I don't know the name but I know WalMart and Hobby Lobby both sell them. I will look for a brand name.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 6:54 AM  

  • Kari's right. They're called beading needles and they have a nice size eye that collapses when you string. Check on eBay and eBay stores, you'll find lots. They're cheap and light (for shipping). If I had some, I'd send em.

    Deneen


    By Blogger Deneen, at 8:24 AM  

  • I have the same problem with beads, I wanted to put some on the fringe of my scarf for swap at Crochetville, but ended up just knotting it.
    Cats don't LIKE it when the staff changes things. Mine let me know if I don't get up at a reasonable hour and open the canned food they will starve to death, even with a full container of cat chow right next to them.


    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:34 AM  

  • I don't envy you having to get the cats used to eating twice a day! My Lena has some weird food issue, and if she can even see the bottom of her bowl (no matter how much food is left in it) she starts freaking out and following me around meeping at me. (Which I could understand if she'd even gone hungry, but she hasn't--we've had her since she was a kitten and I know she's never gone without food...) I hate to think what would happen if the food were put away. They'd probably conspire to drive us crazy. Last week Cat barfed in Don's shoe, and I don't think it was an accident--he's in charge of the litter box and it had gotten a little stinky due to a very busy week. They'd probably extract some sort of awful revenge if we had to take their food away during the day...

    By Blogger Daisy, at 1:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home