Research help needed?
Hey ya'll... my kiddo has asked me to aid him in his effort to stop biting his nails. He's tried everything we can think of and still does it, to the point where he gets infections complete with disgusting leakage *eeeeeewwwwwwwwwwww* SO he has asked if I can find a picture of what lives under your fingernails. He thinks that just might work (gross him out enough to quit it I guess??) I've *told* him what lives there and what kinds of ickies they can cause but that's not doin the trick, he wants a picture. I have searched and googled for what lives under fingernails, pictures of it etc and so far I've got nuttin'. Has anyone ever happened upon such grossness? lol Got suggestions for wording I should search with? Anything? (I even Asked Jeeves!)Well today I went to a parenting class. It's an hour and a half, once a week for 7 weeks. Hubby will be attending the rest of the classes with me, but he had to miss today's bc he went to Normandy, France with some ppl from work. Anyway, I think the class will do us some good. I'm sure hoping so anyway lol. There was another lady there who is having some of the same troubles with her ten yo daughter (not to the seeverity as we are tho) and it was kinda nice to know we're not the only parents with these problems. Other than the stealing thing, it seems like it's mostly normal-for-the-age stuff... but ya throw in the move over here, having hubby home all the time when B's used to him being mostly out to sea and having little input on discipline etc. and you get a mess. So the class will give us some tips on how to deal with him more effectively. The lay who teaches the class is also the one who we will be seeing for therapy to deal more with the whole step-parent issue and the stealing (which we're pretty sure is related to hubby and a lack of time being spent between the two of them, among other things)
So we've got a start on things. I've gotten a couple of book reccomendations from another mom that I want to see if the library has. If they don't, then once our pay straightens out I'll order them. One is Dr. Phil's Family First. Another is called A Fine Young Man (which this lady claims is awesome for ppl raising sons) and the third has slipped my mind at the moment. I'll probably order them anyway, but if I can get them through the library first, I won't have to wait so long lol.
I also found a couple of (older) books that will be helpful for homeschooling. I've read many good things about this guy... John Holt... so when I saw the books in the thrift shop I snagged them. Oh, and I found a Math Shop comp. game geared for ages 8-13 and it looks like it covers some of the big things he needs work on.
All in all it was a pretty productive day =) Oh, and all your wishes for cooler weather paid off! The past week has been much cooler, today I was wishing I'd checked the weather and worn a jacket or sweater (as I shivered at the bus-stop lol) So I thank ya'll from the bottom of my heart *g* I also found a portable a/c unit at the thrift shop, which I put on hold for hubby to look at and decide on... maybe he can sell some puter parts or something so we can buy it lol.
Well, the kiddo is nearly done cleaning the fridge (today's hard labor) so I should probably figure out what to feed him for dinner.






2 comment(s):
I don't know much about what lives under fingernails, but this might be a start: http://pubs.caes.uga.edu/caespubs/pubcd/B693.htm (if nothing else it'll have him washing his hands all the time LOL!)
By
Daisy, at
11:26 AM
Try this site and see if it will help some. http://www.hooked-on-nails.com/naildisorders.html
By
Woven Spun, at
6:55 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home