Track referers to your site with referer.org free referrer feed.

Marvie's Crochet Corner

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

I'm still alive lol

I didn't realize how long it's been since I've been here! Sheesh, time flies.

Well, I had my followup with the phys therapist on Monday, he modified a couple of my exercises, signed me up for class once a week for the next four weeks, and still hasn't given me any idea of what the *bleep* is wrong with my back.

Been doing that four and a half mile walk with hubby, These hills are a bitch lemme tell ya. On a good note, exercise makes me sleepy, so I always sleep good on nights that I've walked or gone to class. I'll be heading for bed very shortly lol.

On the crochet front, not to much to report and no pics at the moment. I made hubby a pair of slippers, using some soles I picked up back in March and part of a few patterns from CPC. No one pattern did it for me, so I just worked with several till I got something like what I pictured. I'm still not happy with them, one is bigger than the other, even though I used the same hook and followed the same exact procedure for each. One was finished last night before bed, the other this morning. I can't remember if it was the bigger or smaller one I did last night, but it seems my guage changes dramatically overnight. I'll try to post pics in the next couple of days, got class tomorrow tho so dont expect anything from me then lol.

I started an afghan, using some Caron country Basket that hubby had picked out and ordered last fall for me to make him a blanket out of, then decided he wasn't thrilled with the colors, so I've used it on lots of things... a christmas gift 'ghan, my grocery sack holder, a shrug, and now this 'ghan. I should have enough to do a lap 'ghan at least. So far I'm only about 6 rows into it though. Already bored. That's why I made hubby's slippers rofl. 'Ghans just tend to bore me if I can't see serious progress quickly. I wish I could have done two strands on a nice fat hook. I'd be done with that sucker by now. It may become another UFO, unless I find some good tv or movies to watch, must have something to keep my mind going when I do something so repetitive. I screwed up anyway, the pattern I picked, you can't see the neat texture of the stitches with this varigated yarn. I'm too lazy to link to it atm, but it's the Thermal stitch premie blanket. Yeah, I was cold and thought that sounded warm lol.

Yes, you read that correctly, I was cold. First I bitched and moaned about the heat, which compared to what most of ya'll are having was nothing. Now I'm gonna start whining about the cold. Fall seems to be arriving here in Southern Germany. I had to wear a SWEATER Sunday for my son's bday party (we grilled and did the whole thing outdoors, normally a fun thing to do in AUGUST) Looking at the trees, I am already seeing fading colors and yellow leaves. I haven't worn shorts in over a week. I did wear my poncho last week though lol. It's not *cold* yet, but the temps are in the 50's at night and anywhere from the low 60's-low 70's during the day. Cool enough to send me for warmer clothes lol. I sat outside with Sissy (the neighbor's dog) yesterday for several hours and froze my tail off. She of course, was quite happy and comfy. I should have taken a blanket out rofl.

K, well I can't stop yawning, so I think it's time for this crybaby to head for bed. (one plus to this cool weather is that I can finally sleep beside my husband again, after two months of mostly sleeping on the couch. His warmth is welcome now LOL)

Night all!

1 comment(s):

  • TAG! YOU'RE IT!!!

    See my blog.

    Hope your back gets better soon!


    By Blogger Lynlee, at 7:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home