Mmmm spaghetti!
No pictures, nothing of importance to say, just another babble today ;)Last night I talked hubby into making his Spaghetti. There's a story behind this. When we first got together, back in 1999, we had a housemate. He was very much into WWF, and every week he'd have a few people come over to watch with him. Hubby was the cook in those days, he cooked all of our meals. So of course, he cooked for the WWF get-togethers too. At first, he'd cook different things, but then one time he made his spaghetti. Everyone loved it *so* much it became the meal. Every. Flipping. Week. For about a year. He got sick of making it, and I got sick of eating it. So when the housemate moved out, hubby banned that particular meal from our menues. For a very long time. I had no arguement with that decision.
Fast forward many years. I've made spaghetti a few times over those years, but mine has nothing on hubby's. While I was away, in Ohio, we had spaghetti on a nearly weekly basis. I was good and sick of it again very soon. But then. I returned home and hubby tells me that he had made His Spaghetti while I was gone. For the first time in years. When I wasn't here to enjoy it. Ass. Did not matter that I had just mentioned how I would be happy not to see spaghetti again for a good while. Hubby's is not your usual spaghetti. He does not make it with jarred sauce. He uses tomato sauce, seasons it up himself, usues several different meats. It usually takes him all day to make the sauce. Or at least several hours.
But last night I had an overwhelming desire for it. Fortunately, I thought of this just in time to make a run to the store to get the ingredients he'd need (after much begging I might add) and with just enough time to do his thing and serve up the deliciousness for our dinner. Yes, I had to listen to much complaining on his part. But I got my spaghetti! And Oh. My. Gods. It was just as good as I remembered it. I asked the boy when the last time he'd had Dad's Spaghetti and he couldn't remember when that had been. He was just as happy as I was about having it though =) Two happy tummies! I do not know what he puts in it (I'm not allowed in the kitchen while he's cooking it) but it's flippin' awesome. Maybe someday after we get home, those of you who live in the area can come over one day and we can con him into doing it again. Those of you who don't live in the area will either have to travel (open invite of course!) or yer SOL ;)
Not much else going on. We've had a pretty laid back weekend. Hubby fussing with his computers, me crocheting (I've got about 24" of width on the ghan now) and that's about it.
Speaking of crocheting, I'd best get to it. I want to get another skein added to this blanket today before I set it aside for the week. I really should be starting another square today, since it *is* Monday... but it's officially part of the weekend since hubby's home and so is the boy. I seem to be averaging about a skein per day, so if I can do that today that should mean I just might finish it up next weekend. So, I'm off to see if I can accomplish that. The sooner I can finish it, the sooner I can start something smaller. I want to make socks, my feet are cold. I want to make wrist warmers for a couple of people, want to finish my mobius (my neck's also cold) and I want to give knitting a hat a try too. I also have yarn that I bought a long time ago for a sweater that I'd like to see if I am capable of knitting. Not sure I'm quite ready yet, and have no pattern picked out yet, but I have a whole bunch of yarn set aside for one lol.
Hope ya'll have a great week!






3 comment(s):
By
Deneen, at
7:42 AM
By
Unknown, at
8:18 AM
I could live on spaghetti. Unfortunately Don gets sick of it--but sometimes changing the kind of pasta will change his mind. I have no idea why-- "How about spaghetti?" "Nah, sick of it." "How about if I use elbow macaroni instead?" "Sure, okay." "Um. You know it's the same food but just a different shape, right?" "Yeah, I'm just sick of spaghetti."
I do not understand that, but I'm not complaining either. Heh.
By
Anonymous, at
12:08 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home