Track referers to your site with referer.org free referrer feed.

Marvie's Crochet Corner

Thursday, October 05, 2006

It's 50 degrees outside right now!

(I couldn't think of a title today, so you get a weather report rofl)

I think I'll finish the Cross square today, I have about a third of it left to do, then the border. Once it's done I'll spend the weekend adding to the blanket for our neighbor. I got about 6ish inches done last weekend, so I should get a bit more than that done this time around since I'll have three days to work on it this week.

I placed an order at Joann's for the rest of the yarn to finish the Angel ghan (did I tell you that already?) and got a shipping confirmation today on the white yarn. Ugh. No mention of the gold or the needles I ordered, it seems those will come seperately. Dammit. I need the gold worse than I need the white. Sure, I could continue working up the main squares while I wait for the gold to arrive, then go back and do the trims, but I don't wanna. I like the way the pattern has you complete each square and attach it before moving on to the next one. I will be able to see the thing grow as I go that way. Perfect for me, the one who detests motifs and all that joining. So, if it doesn't arrive before I run out of the gold I have, I'll be setting it all aside and working on the neighbor ghan till it does show up.

Which is ok I guess, as it's already grown quite chilly here (high 50's during the day) and she has already mentioned that it's "too cold" so the sooner I can finish her blanket, the better. I remember last year, she had the heat turned on in their house looooong before I did and ya'll know how cold I get lol.

I'm figuring the Angel ghan will take me about 6 or so weeks (of actual work time, not counting waiting for the order) to complete. So, if the order doesn't take too long, I should be able to finish it by the first of December. My goal was to finish by Thanksgiving, but I doubt that'll happen now. I may have to spend some days ignoring everything else and just blow through the end in order to make that deadline though. So far, I've only been putting in a couple of hours a day on it. That's why it takes me all week to get one square done. But, I could knock out much more of it if I stay focused.

Yesterday I finally went and got my hair cut. I hadn't had it done since right before we left for the states, so it was quite long and unruly. I feel much better now =) I think she took off nearly three inches! I'll probably only have to get it done twice more before we move.

Oh! Hubby's application for those orders was approved! We're just waiting for the papers to come down from his command, and it'll be 100% official =) That's when we'll have an actual date. Once those orders come through, everything will really start to fall into place. I'm so happy he got a carrier =) I hope that they'll have a Dependant's Day Cruise at some point in the three years he'll be with them. B didn't get to go on the one the Enterprise had because he was too young at the time. I so want him to experience that before hubby retires. I can't even begin to describe how cool it was to be on such a HUGE vessel, at sea, right up there on the flight deck while jets were taking off and landing. B needs to experience that =) I can't remember if it's a yearly thing or what. There is also a Tiger Cruise, where the sailors can take their kid (or a family member, he took his Dad once) where they go out for a few days, get to sleep in racks and have the entire experience. Wouldn't that be so cool? He'd *love* that! I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that he gets to do both of those. He said he wants to become a Navy pilot, so that'd be so perfect for him to experience.

Well, yesterday I did a bit of housework, so I don't have to feel guilty that today I am going to sit with my ass parked right here on the couch working on this square *g* There's nothing pressing that needs to be done today, so I can throw on some music and crochet to my heart's content =) We almost always have music of some sort playing in this house, but I find that since I tend to crochet to the beat of the music I really need certain types of music playing to really get a good groove going. Hubby has taken to listening to this wordless, relaxing stuff. It's nice, I like it just fine... but it's not good crochet music. I need a good steady (or fast) beat for my hands to follow, and I need vocals for my brain to follow. We each love music, but we love different things about it. I am all about the vocals, I don't much notice the instruments and such. Hubby is the opposite. He doesn't notice the vocals, but is all about the actual music and instruments being played. I find that music without vocals bores me. Doesn't occupy my brain or soemthing. It's great for background in many instances, like when I read, but when I'm crocheting or knitting it just doesn't cut it. So, I have about 8 hours today where I can throw in a bunch of my music. I'm thinking a variety of things. A little Country, a litle Celtic, maybe some Sheryl Crow or Stevie Nicks, or whatever strikes my fancy ;)

Well, I've babbled enough for one morning, I'll probably be back tomorrow with a pic of the Cross square.

Have a wonderful day!

1 comment(s):

  • mmm Stevie Nicks....

    Sucks you may have to wait for your gold thread but at least like you said, you can work on your neighbors 'ghan.
    Sounds like you are settling into the boy being in school.
    You're music list sounds like mine lol.


    By Blogger Unknown, at 5:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home