School stuff and other babbling ;)
I'm kinda enjoying having my days to myself again. I do very much miss the boy, but, I really missed my quiet time. I'm glad for it's return =) I haven't really gotten much accomplished in these few days I've had to myself. No housework. A little crochet, a little knitting, some reading (books even!) and surfing. I'll get 'round to the cleaning eventually lol.I just got off the phone with the school. I had to call to see about getting the boy's schedule changed a bit. He was given Spanish 1 as an elective. Umm, well, school started weeks ago, he's so far behind he doesn't understand a word the teacher says (most of which is in Spanish of course) the teacher has said nothing at all about how he would maybe catch up and has been assigning him homework WITHOUT having given him a text book. It seems there's a shortage of books and the kids are expected to share in class, and have some sort of plan about borrowing a book to manage homework. Well, sorry. I'm not in for that. My kid is weeks behind as it is, how can he catch up if he doesn't even have a book to study from? And why should some other kid be expected to bring home the book if he/she has already done the homework (they have a study hall class) The whole book thing just pisses me off. If they don't have enough books, then it seems to me they assigned too many children to that class. So I have called to get a change made. Had to leave a message bc the counselor isn't in today (figures) but I'll get him switched tomorrow.
Oh, and I forgot to mention that the teacher seems to be having issues beyond not having enough books. She can't control the class effectively either. She spends more than half her time telling this one or that one to stop doing (insert whatever here) she flusters easily, and is very very scattered. Not a good thing in a middle school teacher. Those kids will have her comitting herself before mid year!
Other than that class though, B seems to be happy. He's even liking math (so far rofl) he really likes his science class/teacher, and is handling the change from elem. to middle school quite well. I had to call to get him a locker assigned, there was some confusion over who was in charge of that so he spent several days hauling all his books and crap around all day plus to and from school... which trashed his brand fuckin' new backpack. Now that he has a locker he's having trouble figuring out the combo, but he'll get there.
Today I have to run down to the other base to pick up some school supplies for him. I might go check out the craft shop too while I'm there, just to see if anything's new since I was last there. Doubt it, but never hurts to check ;) The thrift shop is closed today I think (bummer) but oh well.
Guess I should get off here now so I can do something with my overgrown hair and throw some clothes on so I can catch the bus. I'll take the mobius scarf with to work on for the ride. I'll have to fill ya'll in on that another time, but I got it started yesterday =) I had other stuff to babble about but just noticed the time lol. Got to go!
see ya!






1 comment(s):
Will be waiting to hear about the mobius scarf! =)
By
Kimberly, at
6:18 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home