Settling in
Well, we're starting to get settled and back into our Home routine =) Gods it feels good to be home lol. Not having too much trouble with jet lag this time around. Possibly because of those several days of exaustive traveling and not sleeping much. I get super sleepy around 2pm and again around 8:30-9pm but if I just force myself through it I seem to get a second wind (of sorts lol nothing energetic, just not so sleepy)I started two projects yesterday. The first thing I started was out of boredom, see, I mailed home all my DPN's and my interchangable needles so all I had on hand were some 8mm straights and of course my hooks. So I cast on for a plain boring scarf in LB Homespun just to give me something to do. I really wanted to start a Mobius scarf, but had no circs and I don't want to do it flat and then join the ends... so that had to wait.
I couldn't start the 'ghan for Auntie till hubby got home from work bc he was printing the pattern for me. But I did start it almost as soon as he got home. I figured I best get moving on it, once I realized it's made up of 9 squares, mostly in sc on a G hook. Those of you who know me well, know that I detest large projects done in sc and I'm really not fond of small hooks either. I have a feeling this 'ghan is going to take me a while, plus it has to be mailed and reach her in time for Christmas, so I'm going to need all the time I can squeeze out for it lol.
Then there's the hubby blanket. I don't think I told ya'll what's going on with that. One of our neighbors spent a lot of time helping out while I was gone, she came over to check on and play with the kitty's every day, she fed huby often etc. So one day on the phone with him he says he'd rather I use all that yarn I bought to make his blanket to make her one instead, as a thank you for all she'd done for us this summer. (Ain't he a sweetie?) This neighbor is even more intolerant to the cold than I am, so a blanket is a perfect gift for her... plus her whole living room is decorated in black, so it'll match beautifully.
So, I'm going to work that up for her. I haven't decided yet exactly what I'll do for it, probably soemthing simple like a plain hdc stitch since no patterned stitch shows up with that yarn anyway. She's a bit taller than me, so I'll make it big enough she can snuggle down into it and wrap up. I'm thinking I'll use my L Jimbo hook, that'll get it going and growing pretty quickly without leaving big holes.
So that's basically four projects I will have going. Only the ghans have any sort of timeline, the scarves are just for me so those can be busy work when I'm sick to death of afghans lol.
I may need encouragement on this lol ya'll know I don't do well if I try to do more than one project at a time. I'm much better if I focus on one thing, finish it and move on. I just feel pressure to get these ghans out, so I'm thinking I'll have a daytime one and a night one (the Angel ghan will probably be the day project, it's white and the cats seem to sleep most of the day so I'm hoping less fur will attach itself to those white squares) the black one can be the night project, when it's cooler anyway and I want to be covered up, plus when Tux wants mommy lap time, his fur won't show ;)
The scarves will be good take along projects if I have to go anywhere. And I will need to make some trips to the other base soon. I was supposed to be back here in July sometime, and the doc I had seen before I left wanted me to get some bloodwork done then. So I need to call and schedule that, plus I need to get my meds refilled and she'd said something about wanting me to see the nutritionist too. I was quite impressed with her (Dr. Fairy) and the fact that she was so willing to actually listen and put something into action regarding some of the health issues, well, after so long of those damned Army docs just blowing me off I was thrilled with her =) So, I'll be making appointments next week, though no telling when I'll actually get seen.
Well, I'm gonna go get more coffee and then get a few rows of an angel square done. I also want to go to the thrift shop later, going to turn in all the homeschool stuff I no longer have need of and if I don't get down there and let the thrift shop lady know I'm back she'll kick my ass lol. I really like her a lot, she's such a nice lady (but tough too rofl) and I'm sure hubby told her at some point I'd decided to stay in the states, but now that I'm back I'm anxious to go say hello and poke around to see what's new down there =)
Hope ya'll have a wonderful weekend!!






0 comment(s):
Post a Comment
<< Home